At Communities in Control we’re going to show how community groups can take charge with the theme: “Think Bigger: Fix Everything”. Too ambitious? We think not. There are 600,000 community organisations in this country. That’s some serious clout.
Australians can cope with big problems. We’ve just done it. Our COVID-19 response showed we could halve poverty and homelessness. Why stop there?
After more than 20 years helping not-for-profits, we’re confident the community sector has the leaders, the knowledge and the connections to step up. This year you can be in the room, or join us virtually for our most inspirational and mind-expanding event yet. The top talent includes:
- Australian of the Year Grace Tame, behind the #LetHerSpeak campaign that’s helped countless survivors of sex assault gain a voice
- Senator Penny Wong, delivering the Joan Kirner Social Justice Oration
- Uncle Jack Charles, a Stolen Generation survivor and accomplished actor who overcame his demons to become a respected activist and mentor
- Chart-topping ‘voice of a generation’ Mitch Tambo with a live performance
- Award winning investigative journalist Jess Hill, whose chilling book See What You Made Me Do highlights our domestic violence crisis
- NSW Ageing and Disability Commissioner Robert Fitzgerald, who will use his vast experience as a government and third sector expert to predict our future.
That’s just some of the 17 presenters in a two-day event that’s overflowing with inspiration designed to steer the world in the right direction. Be energised for action by a line-up that tackles leadership, gender, equality, activism, smarter thinking, economics, poetry, and the power of persuasion.
Pore over the program and you’ll see why we’re raring to go with this year’s event, Monday-Tuesday, May 17-18. Join us in person or online from as little as $245 for online groups of five.