The housing sector for individuals living with a disability is undergoing sweeping changes as the NDIS continues its national rollout, which has fundamental implications for the business model of the disability support and community housing providers.
Aimed at addressing the chronic shortage of choice, availability and standards of affordable disability housing, the introduction of SDA funding has the potential to revolutionise the provision of housing through market driven investment.
As we rapidly approach the July 2019 deadline for full NDIS operation, the time is rife for new and existing stakeholders to collaboratively discuss the opportunities and concerns surrounding disability housing. This new landscape opens further opportunities for CHP’s and property developers to access funding to offer affordable homes which are more suited to individuals with a disability.
The ‘Driving Growth in Disability Housing’ conference will bring together cross sector industry figures, to collectively share and develop practical strategies for disability housing growth.
This conference will explore how to:
- Strategically analyse the opportunities and risks of NDIS disability housing
- Develop a viable financial model incorporating SDA funding
- Visualise and design an SDA compliant dwelling
- Implement a collaborative model of service and accommodation provision
- Understand and implement strategies to diffuse systemic and uncertainty risk
- Draw upon key learnings from pilot programs and early adopters
Who will attend?
- Community Housing Providers
- Disability Support Providers
- Property Developers & External Investors
- Housing Association Peak Bodies
- State & Federal Government