The environment social service organisations work in has changed dramatically over recent years – and this looks set to continue.
Changes in government policy, funding uncertainty and increasing demands for services all mean organisations need to adapt and develop, while still delivering strong outcomes for service users and communities.
Key trends include:
- greater competition
- client-directed care and person-centred funding approaches
- digital disruption
- outcomes measurement
- workforce and skills demands.
The Executive Masterclass Program supports executives and senior managers in not-for-profit community sector organisations to adapt to the changing environment and learn new skills to benefit their organisations and clients.
Masterclass participants can expect to:
- Learn from leading thinkers who ‘span the boundaries’ of government, academia and the social service sector.
- Co-produce topics and methodology to meet their organisation’s needs.
- Attend four half-day sessions over 12 weeks, with pre-reading and discussion.
- Work with peers and leading thinkers in small groups.
- Be part of a class of up to 20 participants.
2017 participants described the Masterclass as a “fantastic opportunity to be exposed to new ideas, hear from inspirational speakers, and meet and learn from colleagues in the sector”.
Key topics in 2017 included:
- Influential leadership
- The social economy – what is it? – and why is it so important to the sector?
- Implications of marketisation
- Business and funding models for the new environment
- Building person-centred services
- Connecting with government
- Strategic communications
- Marketing and positioning in a competitive environment
- Digital disruption
- Productive Board and senior leadership relationships
The 2018 program will be co-designed with the input of participants, responding to your organisation’s needs.
2018 DATES & TIMES
- Friday 9 February, 9am – 1.30pm
- Friday 9 March, 9am – 1.30pm
- Friday 20 April, 9am – 1.30pm
- Friday 18 May, 9am – 1.30pm
Each session ends at 1pm, followed by lunch
Join the 2018 Executive Masterclass. Apply online at www.futuresocial.org