This webinar, presented by Paul Bird from Zero Together, will get you ready to go carbon neutral. You’ll be taken through everything from understanding what’s required, preparing to take it on and setting targets, to completing the certification process.
Zero Together and Paul Bird have chosen to donate their speaker fee to the not-for-profit Brainwave. By purchasing a ticket you’ll also be supporting children with brain injuries and illnesses and their families.
You’ll come away with:
- Clear examples, information, and resources so that you can start your organisation’s journey to becoming carbon neutral
- A clear understanding of your organisation’s carbon emissions and how to measure your carbon footprint
- Tips to get your management team and board on your side
- Practical steps to measure, reduce and offset emissions to achieve carbon neutral certification
- What carbon neutral really means, GHG emissions are and what they mean for your organisation
- How to prepare and create the authorising environment, including case to act, policies and approvals
- How to measure your organisation’s carbon footprint with ease and integrity
- How to set targets, establish a ‘Green Team’ and take action
- How to offset any remaining emissions
- What to expect in the certification process
Meet your presenter:
Paul Bird, Founder & Director of Zero Together
Zero Together, Australia’s first social enterprise supporting not-for-profits to become carbon neutral. Paul has worked for Australian not-for-profits for the last 26 years in CFO/COO and CEO roles. After failing to find an easy to use, cost-effective and reliable way to measure and reduce greenhouse gas emissions suited to not-for-profits, Paul recently founded Zero Together to enable the sector to play its part in the climate crisis by reducing emissions and going carbon neutral. Paul is currently the CEO of Brainwave Australia and PurposeFull, and sits on the Boards of Exemplar International Development and the Lord Mayor’s Charitable Foundation.
About Pro Bono Webinars:
Our 60-minute webinars are the capacity building tool you need to help you grow your impact. Curated specifically for people working in purpose-driven organisations, they’ll equip you with actionable takeaways that you can implement in your day-to-day.
Don’t believe us? Check out what others have said about us:
“Fantastic webinar, very stimulating. Lots to think about and will definitely open up some interesting conversations at work.”
“Thank you for hosting webinars on topical issues. Well done.”
“Loving it, keep it up! And thanks!”
Plus, by buying a webinar you are helping us increase our impact. As a social enterprise and B Corp, we’re a for-profit business that exists to make a positive impact. We fund ourselves through a number of paid products so that we can keep our news service and skilled volunteering opportunities free. Find out more about our social impact.