Online Handling Challenging Member and Volunteer-related Situations for non-profit Boards and Committee Members.
In our transition out of lockdown, it may be possible that volunteers and front line staff will be asked to assist or control escalating situations. It is something at the forefront of committee members minds, what is the best way to handle a member whose behaviour becomes challenging? What tactics can we use to help diffuse a tense situation? These interactions cause undue stress on volunteers and can drive members and volunteers away from your group without adequate training.
In this workshop we will explore ways in which committees and volunteers can learn to navigate a successful pathway through challenging situations that involve high emotions. These skills are not personal gifts we all receive, but which can be learned and developed over time with the right tools and processes in place to tackle those tricky issues.
What you will learn:
- Why aggressive behaviours might occur more frequently in our transitions
- Indicators that a situation is becoming challenging
- De-escalating tense and challenging situations
- Looking after yourself and others
- Debriefing and selfcare
- Online non-profit grant writing workshop
- Online non-profit financial literacy training
- Online non-profit governance training