Project management training for profit Boards, Managers and Committee Members.
Projects in the not for profit sector can be challenging with limited budgets, answering to Boards and managing volunteering staff who want to help but may not be well versed in working in project teams. As such, planning and preparation become essential, and managing, juggling and using alternative resources and solutions becomes imbedded into your everyday activities to achieve great results which are on time and within the estimated budget.
This session will provide you with the tools to help manage the project and stakeholders throughout the life cycle, and demonstrate through measurement the impact the project has had within the community.
Following the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the challenges involved in managing projects in the NFP sector
- Set the project in the context of the organisation’s mission and objectives
- Understand the life cycle of the project
- Understand the principles involved with managing and leading projects
- Draw up the budget and manage the finances
- Develop a risk management plan
- Provide the team with guidance for performing tasks effectively together
- Keep the project on track and maintain team momentum
- Manage stakeholders and their expectations
- Achieve the outlined goals
- Monitor the project and provide the board with status updates
- Close the project
- Evaluate the impact of the project and effectively communicate results
- Online non-profit grant writing workshop
- Online non-profit financial literacy training
- Online non-profit governance training