Since the Home Stretch Symposium in August 2019, most Australian jurisdictions have made progress towards Extending Care to 21. Home Stretch Symposium #2 will build on the knowledge and insights gained from the first Home Stretch Symposium.
The Home Stretch Symposium #2 will bring together policy developers, stakeholders and implementers to explore and discuss the experience of introducing the policy of Extending Care to 21 years. These discussions will be informed by international and national experts in this policy area.
The online Symposium program will be a mix of keynote presentations, panel and Q&A sessions. The program has been structured to engage the audience and provide an opportunity for an informed discussion.
The program will include:
- A closer look at implementation and progress nationally
- A focus on young people’s perspectives
- Latest findings from the United States longitudinal study
- Considerations for young people in residential care
- The different methods used to evaluate Extended Care and how to develop a robust evaluation.