Incidents of aggression and assault in Australia’s hospitals continue to affect healthcare workers on a daily basis, with many staff accepting that this is something that ‘just comes with the job.
In response, this conference will discuss the most timely and topical challenges facing hospital staff today. It will explore practical strategies for security personnel and clinicians to address workplace violence through an integrated approach whilst ensuring safe, quality care for all patients.
The agenda will focus on:
– Achieving a collaborative team approach across the whole hospital
– Building interagency partnerships with police and paramedics
– Implementing strategies to better manage complex and confrontational incidents
– The legal responsibilities of providing treatment and a safe work environment
– Improving prevention through risk identifi cation, design and technology
Who will attend?
Clinicians responsible for:
– Mental Health
– Drug and Alcohol
– Aged Care
– General Medicine
Security and patient services personnel responsible for:
– Security Services
– Patient Support Services
– Facilities Management