Conflicts and disputes are stressful events, and the success of your not-for-profit organisation can depend on how effectively you manage them. In this session you will learn what the law requires you to do when a conflict or complaint arises between members or committee members of your not-for-profit.
What you’ll learn:
- Common disputes involving members or board / committee members of not-for-profit community organisations
• How to follow the dispute resolution or grievance procedure in your organisation’s rules or constitution
• When a member can be disciplined, and how to go about this
• What to do if there is a dispute within the committee of management
• Seeking assistance to deal with conflict or a dispute
• Tips on how to avoid and manage disputes
Who should attend?
Staff, committee members and volunteers of not-for-profit organisations
What you’ll receive:
- 75-minutes of plain-language training from an expert lawyer
- Opportunity to ask the lawyer questions
- Copy of webinar recording and slide presentation (recording available for 30 days)
- Information on further resources and support from Justice Connect and others
- From $30 for individuals
This is an online event – access details for the webinar will be sent 3-5 days prior to event.
Can’t make it – not a problem
- Register today and we’ll send you the recording for you to access at a time that suits you.
Here’s what past participants said about our webinars
- “Very practical guidance and lots of access to resources and links etc to help in the future!”
- “Webinars make it a lot more convenient and I would definitely recommend others to attend your webinars.”
- “Really clear, concise and accessible information. Thank you!”