Privacy is a matter for everyone in your organisation. Employees, management and volunteers all need an understanding of the key privacy principles, otherwise your organisation may be at risk of reputational damage, fines or worse. With more people than ever working from home, it’s critical you understand your key responsibilities.
To help you navigate your organisation’s legal obligations, we’ll walk you through the personal information lifecycle: from collection, through to use and disclosure, storage, complaints and the data breach notification laws.
• Commonwealth privacy laws that may apply to your organisation
• Systems to put in place to manage personal information
• The collection, use, handling and storage of personal information
• Data breach notification laws and cyber liability insurance
• Top tips for privacy protection in a work-from-home environment