In recent years the call for a new approach to how organisations attract, manage and engage their workforce has been growing louder and louder. Innovative purpose-driven organisations use their purpose to create workplaces where teams have a clear shared purpose and strong frameworks that give them the freedom to act and use their collective judgement to find the best way to serve the people they support and their community.
One of these organisations is Wellbeing Teams, a UK-based social care provider that does things differently when it comes to recruiting, empowering and engaging staff. During two workshops on 9 September in Melbourne Helen Sanderson and Emily McArdle from Wellbeing Teams will demonstrate how to apply some of the purpose-driven workforce practices that have made Wellbeing Teams the workplace that it is today.
Emily will take will take you through the steps of their multi-award winning values-based recruitment process. At the same time Helen and Purpose at Work will run a session aimed to let you experience purpose-driven practices including:
- meetings that actually engage teams to share their practice, find improvements and solve problems together
- alternatives to performance reviews that achieve shared accountability and development within teams
- proven practices that create workplaces where people feel safe to bring their whole self to work.
What you’ll get out of both workshops
- A range of tools, practices and resources that you can start applying the next day
- Practical advice on what to do, where to start and who to involve
- Experiences and suggestions from people struggling with the same issues as you do
Both workshops run at the same time. Can’t decide which one to attend? Send two people and swap notes!
Who should attend
- People who have heard enough stories and want to get into the practical bits
- HR, recruitment and hiring managers who are ready to become employers of choice
- Everyone curious about purpose-driven practices for their team or advisory work
- Everyone who feels there must be a better way to deliver services and work together
- People ready to be part of a movement that focuses on humanising the world of work.
Early bird tickets start at $399 with full price tickets at $499. Student tickets and group discounts are available. Have a look at our event page, pick the session you would like to attend and see the different ticket options.