Volunteering Queensland’s second State Volunteering Conference, 10 – 11 October 2019, Mercure Brisbane, will equip you with valuable strategies and good practices to maximise the contribution of your volunteers, enhance the impact of your volunteer program, and advance your cause.
This conference is about building sector capacity and capability. It is targeted at managers of volunteers and volunteer-involving organisations.
This event is designed to inspire, unite, invigorate and challenge Queensland volunteering practitioners.
It will be a fantastic occasion to learn from a wide variety of thought-provoking keynotes, expert presentations, panel discussions and interactive workshops, all to advance your cause.
The overarching conference theme is around:
- Aspire – inspiring the volunteering sector to be the best we can be and to provide the best possible services, outcomes and impact
- Adapt – encouraging the volunteering sector to look beyond traditional volunteering models and embrace flexible, innovative approaches in a dynamic, complex, ever changing contemporary environment
- Act – supporting and providing the volunteering sector the knowledge, tools, skills, and confidence to act to address needs and issues and to grow and future-proof volunteering across the state.
Topics to be covered include:
- Enacting values to create value: A way forward for volunteering
- Recruiting online: Trends and tips to attract more volunteers and the right volunteers
- Building board capability and the top reasons why strategies fail
- Volunteering and the law hot topics
- Continuous professional development (CPD) – Your new partnership approach to greater professional legitimacy, respect and investment
- Fee for service consultancies – a pathway to financial sustainability and diversity
- National Standards self-assessment tool
- Building local capability in disasters – New local models for engaging spontaneous volunteers
- Building on the GC2018 event legacy to encourage increased levels of volunteering
- Welcoming diversity and enhancing inclusion
- Youth volunteering
- The real value of volunteering
- Guidance on Social Vulnerability and Climate Change Adaptation
- Is it crisis time for rural volunteering? Challenges facing regional and remote volunteers and volunteer-involving organisations
- Event volunteer management
- From strategy to engagement – Involving people, partners and community
- Why we need new approaches to engaging and retaining volunteers
- Beyond compliance: Building respectful and inclusive organisations
- Building better workforce solutions
- Volunteering and self-care (mindfulness and resilience)
View the program and speaker profiles at: https://conference.volunteeringqld.org.au/
Volunteering Queensland proudly announces Queensland Water and Land Carers as both a partner and a sponsor in the presentation of this exciting and important event.
Conference — 9am – 3.50pm
Volunteering Queensland AGM — 4pm
Cocktail & Networking Function — 5pm – 7pm
Conference — 9am – 3.30pm