Wanted, Changemakers(that’s you!):
Are you a Social enterprise who would like help solving technology-based opportunities?
Random Hacks of Kindness (RHoK) is a global community of volunteers from the tech industry who collaborate with non-profit organisations and social entrepreneurs to help solve challenges facing society. Twice a year RHoK Australia runs weekend-long hackathons in various locations around Australia. Utilising the skills of talented technologists, hackers, and creative thinkers, RHoK hackathons provide an opportunity for community groups and social enterprises to co-develop or significantly progress solutions. (https://www.rhokaustralia.org/)
What you can get out of this event:
- Your challenge solved and solutions created ranging from:
- A prototype of a piece of software or app
- Redesign part of a website to better meet the needs of volunteers/specific audience
- Design a marketing campaign for a specific event
- Meet a great band of tech professionals, volunteering to help you out!
- Shoutouts about your organization throughout the event. (https://twitter.com/RHoKSydney)
- Free Meals!
Our Sydney Winter Hack is coming up:
- Weekend of 22 &23 June 2019 9am-4pm
Tech Volunteers teams (Hackers) build great digital stuff for you.
The 2 required lead-up events are:
- Wed 12 June 2019 6pm-8pm
Team forming night:
Each Changemaker pitches their tech-challenge to the hackers, teams are formed.
- Wed 19 June 2019 6pm-8pm
Hackers come together to think through how they might approach your challenge
As the Changemaker, you are the one who gets the final say on what the team actually does! It’s easy for technology people to get excited about doing cool things and for you to get swept up along with them. Your goal is to make sure your team is doing the simplest thing you need first!
The fancy stuff can come later if you still have time.
- Apply: to become one of the chosen Changemaker for our upcoming event by filling this form.
- On pitch night: Pitch your challenge using this google doc template (https://bit.ly/2vSdW5K)
- On idea night: Participate in idea sessions to remind the team what your organisation needs.
- On hack weekend: Support your gang of digital volunteers to your project victory!
Find out more:
If you would like to be a part of our hackathon as a Changemaker
or would like to know more about what’s involved, check out our website https://www.rhokaustralia.org/become-a-changemaker.