With the widespread lack of transparency and misuse of data by large tech firms worldwide, trust in data and analytics is at an all-time low.
The Data4Good conference, to be held at the International Convention Centre (ICC), Sydney, will showcase the innovative ways Australia’s leading organisations are using data for positive change and to create a better society.
The Data4Good conference, hosted by Altis Consulting on 28 March 2019, will feature recognised experts in data and analytics who have instigated positive change through sophisticated and innovative uses of data.
CEO of Altis, John Hoffman said, “Big data and the ongoing sophistication of data and analytic tools increases the opportunities for organisations to inappropriately use them.”
“When data is misused, it not only creates ethical issues with consumers, but often has wider consequences on our environment and society. The Data4Good conference will showcase how leading Australian organisations are leveraging data to positively impact the world.”
A wide range of experts from industries including the environment, health, Government, FMCG, not-for-profits and disability, will be sharing insightful strategies and best practices. These include:
- Chief Impact Officer of Thankyou., Pete Yao will be openly sharing how Thankyou uses data to create a positive social impact.
- Former CEO and Founder of RightShip, Captain Warwick Norman AM will share how he used sophisticated data and analytics to change the status quo for international marine safety, as well as using data to drastically reduce carbon emissions of freighters which are 3 per cent of worldwide emissions.
- CIO of Uniting, Renzo Mostacci is speaking about how they are using analytics to significantly improve safety standards in their centres.
- Co-Founder and Co-Director of Clickability, Aviva Beecher Kelk will talk about why organisations in the social sector need to tap into their under-utilised data.
- Research and Development Team Leader at Horticulture Innovation Australia, Anthony Kachenko is using data to help cool our cities through greenery.
- Executive Engineer at Therapeutic Goods Administration, Patrick O’Meley on identifying safe health products.
- COO of SMART Infrastructure Facility at the University of Wollongong, Tania Brown will share how SMART’s PetaJakarta project harnessed data from social media to save lives in disaster zones.
- Vlntr, Blair Hudson will share case studies on a range of NFPs who are using data for positive social impact.
- DataKind Singapore, Neil Shah will talk about how DataKind works with the social and NFP sector to empower data driven decisions.
- Director for Altis Consulting, Hyun Choi
“The quality of the line-up of speakers as well as the diversity in their topics will lead to thought provoking discussions on data and analytics in ethics and positive change,” said Mr Hoffman.
“This inspirational conference will offer tangible insights, creative approaches from speakers who are using data for positive change across industries including the environment, health, and communities,” said Mr Hoffman.
Date: Thursday, 28 March 2019
Location: International Convention Centre (ICC), Sydney
Time: 9am – 5:45pm
The Data4Good conference is being hosted by Altis Consulting, a data and analytics consultancy that combines technical skill, commercial expertise, communication and listening to empower businesses to make better decisions. The Data4Good conference will feature a series of case studies from leading organisations that are leveraging data for good. Expert speakers will showcase the use of innovative data driven projects. https://data4good.com.au/