Ending men’s family violence
In Australia, the majority of acts of domestic and family violence are perpetrated by men against women.
Men play a key part in changing this narrative and in ending family violence. While there is much being done in prevention and intervention, there is still a lot of work to do.
In partnership with No To Violence not-for-profit organisation, the Australasian Working Together to End Men’s Family Violence Conference will look at how we can strengthen our practice approaches to men who use domestic and family violence through a whole of community approach.
As part of this agenda for change, the conference will focus on how we can work together to build a non-collusive, collaborative practice framework to engage men who use violence and invite them to begin the change process, while supporting women and children towards a life of freedom from abuse and an atmosphere that sustains recovery.
Join local and international practitioners to discuss current and emerging ways for engaging with men who use violence, while supporting the safety and freedom of affected partners, children and families.
Key benefits of attending:
- Learn how Australia and Pacific countries are responding to male family violence as a system
- Hear new case studies, trials and programs in men’s behaviour change
- Unpack interventions for fathers, adolescent, Aboriginal, Maori, CALD & LGBTQI men who use violence
- Understand more about community-led initiatives
- Improve collaboration and integration between services
- Get insight on the latest research and findings in men’s behaviour change
Hear from a diverse line up of speakers including:
- Jacqui Watt, CEO, No to Violence
- Rory Macrae, National Coordinator of The New Caledonian System, Scotland Government
- Diane Anton, Outreach Officer, Gender Justice Program, Oxfam Papua New
- Desmond Campbell, Project Officer – Domestic & Family Violence Prevention Strategy, Anti-discrimination Commission Northern Territory
Be part of this forum for change at the 2019 Working Together to End Men’s Family Violence Conference on 22nd & 23rd May at the Bayview Eden Melbourne.
Don’t miss out on the early bird specials! Find out more by viewing the current brochure: http://go.criterionconferences.com/ending-family-violence