About the Role
Implementation Manager, Safe Eyes Program
- Eliminate trachoma and reduce avoidable blindness and vision loss in Australia
- Engage with Aboriginal leaders and remote communities
- Alice Springs based – regular interstate, regional and remote travel required
- $140,000 package – attractive salary packaging available – 18mth contract (renewable)
Join the Australian Trachoma Alliance (ATA) to implement the Safe Eyes Program across Australia to eliminate trachoma.
The Safe Eyes Program aims to strengthen hygiene and environmental health elements of the S.A.F.E. protocol for trachoma elimination through the development of Aboriginal owned, community driven action plans.
- Reporting to the Chair of the ATA you will:
- Engage and attain the trust of Aboriginal leadership and communities to generate ownership of both problems and solutions within trachoma endemic areas of Australia.
- Facilitate community engagement to develop community plans for child facial cleanliness and improved environmental hygiene.
- Develop cross-sectoral coordination with related levels of government, Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations (ACCHOs), the ATA Principals and other relevant organisations, councils, and other service providers.
- Provide support, advice and program progress reports to the Chairman and ATA Principals as required.
- Contribute as appropriate to the development of a national Trachoma Elimination Framework and Implementation Plan.
- In liaison with the Australian Trachoma Alliance, prepare a program-specific Communications Plan and Protocol.
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with a range of national, state, territory and community-based stakeholders throughout Australia.
- Monitor and evaluate the program’s implementation and outcomes with particular emphasis on long term trachoma reinfection reduction.
- Work with the communities to implement effective health promotion, education and capacity building tool kits, in collaboration with the ATA partners, as required.
To be successful in this role you will be tertiary qualified in business management, health administration or related fields. Your proven track record in community facilitation combined with your highly developed project management skills and advanced strategic and operational skills will be key prerequisites for you to succeed in this role.
Please note that Aboriginality is preferable for this position. There is a requirement for the successful applicant to hold a Working with Children Clearance (Ochre Card) for work in the Northern Territory. The successful applicant is required to travel to remote area communities across Central Australia (Western Australia, South Australia and the Northern Territory) by car or light aircraft.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
To Apply for this Position
Applications to be sent to Vision 2020 Australia at [email protected] by Sunday 7 May 2017. Queries can also be directed to this email address.
Applications are to include:
1. A resume
2. A covering letter outlining experience and addressing the key selection criteria - see position description
Please quote in application: Implementation Manager, Safe Eyes Program via Pro Bono Australia.