About the Role
The successful applicant will be the administrator of the program to provide assistance and transitional support and coordination for former NSW Police officers and their families experiencing mental health and/or other social issues issues. There are five BACKUP for Life initiatives:
1. Short term counselling and referral program
2. Mentor Program
3. Connectivity opportunities such as the Expo 2017 on the 10th November
4. Career Development Incentives
5. Family Support Project
The applicant will ensure the efficient provision of service to BACKUP for Life clients statewide across the five initiatives, including the preparation of tender/s for service provision, training of service providers both professional and voluntary, development of relevant guidelines and procedures (both internal and external) and liaison with relevant educational and community service organisations to ensure best practice and the development of an evaluation program.
They will work within the requirements of the NSW Police Legacy BACKUP for Life subcommittee Terms of Reference to implement policies and procedures which seek to develop the program and outcomes for the organisation.
They will manage all elements of the budget and ensure viable funding and expenditure for the service operation. They will also implement communications and marketing plans in liaison with the Marketing and Fundraising Manager NSW Police Legacy for the promotion of the program, and that comply with the desired image of NSW Police Legacy.
• A tertiary qualification and/or relevant experience in the human services industry.
• Experience as a project coordinator and/or accompanied by a suitable qualification.
Specific Knowledge and Skills
• Previous experience in peer support work
• Demonstrated experience identifying people in need and referring them to appropriate services to assist them.
• Demonstrated experience in working with people with a mental illness
• Sound knowledge of and experience in negotiating and vendor managing referral service providers especially mental health services
• Demonstrated skills in mediation and advocacy
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Current drivers licence
• Computer literacy, including the ability to use Microsoft Office
• Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to deal with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Engagement and maintenance of stakeholders.
• High level report writing skills.
• Strong commitment to the mission, values and objectives of NSW Police Legacy and the BACKUP for Life Project.
• Ability to think and act calmly, and support people who are experiencing severe and persistent mental health issues
• Flexibility to be able to adapt to rapidly changing priorities and circumstances.
About the Organisation
NSWPL is chiefly funded through its own fundraising initiatives.
This position is separately funded via the NSW Government through the NSW Police Force Workplace Improvement Program in March 2016. The purpose of the position is to develop, manage and promote BACKUP for Life a NSW Police Legacy initiative within the context of former NSW Police officers and family needs, and in alignment with NSW Police Legacy, purpose and values.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0292641311
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Project Coordinator – BACKUP for Life via Pro Bono Australia.