About the Role
Want to be a part of a dynamic team that works to improve the lives of people?
We are committed to delivering a new vision in housing, to help alleviate housing stress. Our vision is to be an innovator in the provision of housing options for low-income households and as a best practice example of service provision.
As such we are currently looking for a motivated, approachable person to join our Social Housing Team. This role will provide you with an opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to one of the largest social and affordable housing providers in Australia.
About the Role
As our Housing Support Coordinator, you will provide tenancy management for tenancies that have been escalated from Traditional Tenancy Management due to their complexity and the needs of the clients. In managing escalated tenancies, you will be responsible for engagement with external agencies to connect clients with key services enabling sustainment of tenancies. You will also assist our wider team with advice in early intervention and options for clients with indications of tenancy challenges.
The work you do will be critical in supporting high-needs clients to sustain tenancies, and fundamental in achieving Horizon’s aims of transitioning clients along the housing continuum to housing that suits their needs. You will be responsible for ensuring that Horizon has exceptional support services within our complimentary suite of professional partners to meet the wide-ranging needs of our clients. The focus of this role is sustaining tenancies.
You will be responsible for:
– Ensuring all tenancy management functions for a portfolio of escalated tenancies, from allocation through to vacancy, are carried out efficiently in accordance with Horizon’s policies procedures and work instructions, and in accordance with the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act and Horizon’s contractual obligations,
– Providing additional tenancy coordination for tenants within the portfolio with the goal of sustaining tenancies and increasing transition to appropriate end goals,
– Maintaining an informed awareness of the trends and issues that are presenting within the social housing portfolio, and, with the support of the Client Services Manager, proactively develop a a suite of high service delivery partners who can deliver support that meets these identified needs.
– Providing expert advice and support to Tenancy Coordinators and the Affordable Housing Team on Case Coordination measures and tools, and support services available to their clients.
– Developing and maintaining positive and effective relationships with relevant community organisations, government departments, and support agencies.
Attending appropriate regional meetings, including assessment panels and support sector meetings as required.
– In conjunction with the Client Services Manager, reviewing and implementing policies in accordance with the guidelines of the operation of the organisation.
– Participating as an after- hours contact on the Horizon Housing emergency contact roster every 3-6 months.
About the Organisation
Horizon Housing Company as an Employer:
We are employers who are proud of our strong team culture and we encourage a lot of fun in the workplace. During our most recent Workforce survey 85% of our team have said they love working with us and would recommend working here to a friend, because:
” I think the culture of teamwork is good here. I also feel like staff are listened to and suggestions put forward are acted upon. ” (Finance Team)
“I enjoy working at Horizon and the people within the NRAS team that I work alongside, they are great bunch of people. ” (NRAS Team)
“I enjoy coming to work and being part of the great team we have.” (Social Housing Team)
“Horizon is a growing company which encourages staff development.” (Call Centre Team) .
Apply for this Job
Phone : 1300133027
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Connect Clients with Support to Sustain Tenancies via Pro Bono Australia.