About the Role
- Generate income to enhance the independence of people with sight loss
- Lead and deliver the bequest strategy and growth plan
- Would suit candidates from a commercial sales or customer service background
The objective is to maintain and grow a sustainable income stream from the bequests program. You will be managing a team of 7, both office and working in the field to ensure that bequest fundraising is promoted effectively to the public. This leadership role will support the team in acquisition, stewardship and retention of donors and focus on continually cultivating new bequests and supporters. Working within a KPI framework, you will need a hands on approach to aid the future development of the portfolio. You will also;
- Manage the program budgets, forecasting and expenditure
- Work with the General Manager Planned Giving, to assess innovative approaches to enhance the supporter pipeline
- Manage the planning and performance of the Support Relations Coordinators and undertake regular appraisals
- Ensure all bequest activities are conducted in line with legislation compliance
You will be a successful people manager and have an understanding of fundraising strategies. Your focus is on relationship management, enabling your colleagues and supporters to feel valued and empowered in their roles. With your passion for customer service, you will naturally form meaningful partnerships.
Your experience will also include;
- Developing and implementing strategy into achievable plans
- Knowledge of not for profit fundraising and the importance of the supporter’s experience
- Creating complex reports and analysing trends
- Well developed project management skills, in a sales and marketing context
- A track record in inspiring and leading a team in a strategic, multi channel, customer care environment
- Experience and knowledge of donor management software or CRM systems
About the Organisation
Guide Dogs NSW/ACT is supported by families, the community, groups and companies throughout NSW/ACT. We are determined that everyone with sight loss will have their freedom. Will you join us?
Guide Dogs NSW/ACT is the largest provider of life-changing orientation and mobility services for people with sight loss in Australia. They have been awarded ‘the most trusted charity’ by Reader’s Digest for the last five years and for over 60 years, have continued to deliver thousands of programs each year across NSW and the ACT. With minimal government funding, Guide Dogs NSW/ACT is dependent on the generosity of the community in order to provide their life-changing services. Their mission is to enhance the independence and safe mobility of people with sight loss and also build confidence for further education, employment and social participation.
Working in an inspiring environment with an established bequest team, this role will enable you to collaborate with likeminded colleagues and dedicated supporters.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Business Development Manager – Supporter Relations focus via Pro Bono Australia.