About the Role
- Reports to: National Manager BuyAbility Procurement
- Direct Reports: 0
- Location: NSW
- Status: Full Time; 38 hours per week.
- Fixed Term until 31st March 2019, with a possibility of extension, but no guarantee.
Employment opportunities for people with disability are a cornerstone strategy of the disability sector and government policy and are in an exciting growth phase.
NDS’s highly successful BuyAbility Procurement service (previously the Disability Enterprise Procurement (DEP) program) aims to reduce the high rates of unemployment and under-employment of people with disability, by marketing the goods and services produced by Disability Enterprises to government agencies and the private sector. Through BuyAbility Procurement, NDS identifies opportunities and negotiates contracts for the goods and services produced by Disability Enterprises and then acts as a contract manager on behalf of the client.
Recently NDS was awarded funding by the Department of Social Services (DSS) to allow for national expansion. Funding has been secured for 2 years with a goal to make the program self-funded by April 2019.
An opportunity exists for a seasoned and entrepreneurial business development professional to formulate and implement strategies that increase purchasing of goods and services from Disability Enterprises within NSW.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Build relationships with government, private and not for profit sectors, based on a strong grasp of procurement planning in government agencies and other business entities;
- Build relationships with key associations and industry contacts, e.g., Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS), Procurement and Supply Australasia (PASA);
- Execute the BuyAbility Procurement strategic business plan;
- Achieve ambitious but realistic sales budgets for the marketing of BuyAbility goods and services through BuyAbility;
- Develop and implement strategies and actions to maximise the engagement by BuyAbility, either individually or as consortia in delivering goods and services to government and enterprises;
- Develop and implement strategies and actions for the representation of Disability Enterprises to prospective purchasers;
- Develop and implement strategies and actions to build capacity within the sector to respond to purchasing requirements through social enterprise arrangements and business development of Disability Enterprises;
- Key relationships within NDS include Accounts, the Contract Manager, the National Relationship & Contracts Manager, and other staff as relevant;
- Report regularly on revenue and margin targets, project outcomes and finances;
- Maintain records to support reporting and grant acquittal requirements;
- Other duties as required.
- Excellent relationship-building and influencing skills, with a demonstrated ability to work effectively with industry and government executives and managers;
- Success in a commercial environment, including experience in analysing emerging product/service opportunities, sales and/or buying roles;
- High level corporate or government relationship sales and account management expertise;
- Entrepreneurial skills to identify potential business opportunities which could transition to ADEs;
- Demonstrable record of achieving sales revenue and profit targets;
- Demonstrable ability of working independently to build strong sales pipelines;
- Demonstrated project management skills and the capacity to meet milestones and deadlines;
- Familiarity with government procurement processes;
- A thorough understanding of commercial finance principles and supply chain fundamentals;
- Highly-developed written and oral communication skills, including the ability to write clear and accurate reports as well as to present effectively to industry and government audiences;
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office Suite; and
- Independent travel capability.
About the Organisation
NDS is the national industry association for disability services, representing approximately 1,200 non-government organisations. Collectively, our members operate several thousand services for Australians with all types of disability. NDS’s members range in size from small support groups to large multi-service organisations and are located in every State and Territory across Australia.
NDS promotes the full inclusion of people with disability and this commitment is outlined in our Disability Action Plan (DAP).
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Business Manager NSW, BuyAbility Procurement via Pro Bono Australia.