About the Role
- Located in the most culturally diverse locality in Victoria & 2nd most diverse in Australia
- Represent residents from 150 birthplaces. 61 staff, 95 bilingual workers & 100 volunteers
- Lead this highly community driven centre at a pivotal time of consolidation and growth
Working closely with and reporting to the board you will join at a pivotal time of consolidation and growth leading an expert team of senior managers and highly qualified caseworkers. A vital part of your role will be to ensure a supportive, and rewarding professional environment for staff.
You will be responsible for developing the strategic plan with a focus on;
- Developing growth opportunities into social enterprises and fee for service
- Expanding current services into newly funded markets
- Developing frameworks for decision-making at board level, finance & investment and risk management
- Developing a professional marketing and research capability to become data and evidence based
- Exploring partnerships and acquisitions for the development and expansion of scale and service capability
- Explore the potential to merge with aligned organisations to develop synergy through economies of scale and expanded complementary capabilities
You are a tertiary qualified business leader with skills ideally gained in the refugee or human services sectors. You are a strong collaborator with proven ability to build and sustain internal and external relationships, partnerships and networks that foster organisational growth.
You will be a confident and effective people manager, able to engage and mentor a large culturally diverse team whose values underpin a deep understanding of and empathy for the issues associated with refugees and asylum seekers.
In your previous roles you have been responsible for;
- Leadership and management of a large team
- Advocacy and representation
- External stakeholder management and collaboration
- Governance and financial management
- Marketing and fundraising
- Development of excellence in practice quality
- Creation of innovative new services
About the Organisation
The Southern Migrant & Refugee Centre (SMRC) provides services to migrants and refugees from the Dandenong and Casey region of Melbourne. Services range from settlement services to new humanitarian visa arrivals, migration referrals and a multi-language home support service for aged care clients as well as clients with disabilities and their carers. The program employs 123 workers, covering a total of 56 different languages and dialects.
SMRC endeavours to work in collaboration with government at local, regional, state and federal levels to improve access and equity for aged care and support services for people from diverse backgrounds. SMRC also provides support, information, consultation and assistance to new and emerging community groups.
The Centre consults regularly with the community to learn more about client needs and issues and work within the framework of a three-year strategic plan. The Centre is also an accredited ISO: 9001 quality assured organisation with 61 office-based full and part time staff, 95 bilingual workers and 100 volunteers.
SMRC values cultural diversity and we provide responsive and innovative services to meet the changing needs of the diverse community.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.