About the Role
The Client Services Manager is a key member of BGF’s Executive Leadership team, and has accountability for:
• Managing the provision and delivery of support services and referrals for people living with HIV (PLHIV) to build capacity and achieve improved health and well-being outcomes through the retention of clients in care;
• Managing all workers and volunteers including students on placement within the Client Services business unit; and
• Identifying and responding to program and service gaps and securing funding and revenue opportunities in conjunction with the members of the Leadership team.
You will have demonstrated leadership and management capabilities within a not‐for‐profit organisation coupled with the following skills and experience:
• Tertiary qualification in relevant, recognised social services or allied disciplines;
• Experience in managing large teams;
• Proven program management successes with an solid understanding of project delivery from inception to evaluation;
• Minimum of 5 years in a middle-management role, plus some time spent in a senior management role or a readiness to transition into one;
• Experience in the grant acquisition process, including grant writing and grant acquittals;
• Strong people management skills, the ability to inspire and motivate;
• Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills; and
• Strategic thinking including planning, forecasting and budgeting.
You will receive a highly competitive salary package of base plus super plus not-for-profit salary packaging for this exciting opportunity, commensurate with the skills and experience you offer us. You will gain immense job satisfaction through the successful wellness outcomes your team and your programs will deliver to PLHIV.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 9283 8666
Email : email@example.com
If you feel your skills and experience are relevant for this position please:
• Apply in writing, including in your application a covering letter, your CV and addressing the essential capability requirements that can be found in the position description.
• Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org attention Andrew Buchanan, or by mail to:
Bobby Goldsmith Foundation
Attention: Andrew Buchanan
PO Box 1444, Strawberry Hills NSW 2012
• Applications close Sunday 24 September 2017
Should you wish to discuss this role further, or have an issues seeking clarification, please feel free to contact Andrew Buchanan, Compliance, Research and Operations Manager on 02 9283 8666 or alternatively by email at email@example.com
Please quote in application: Client Services Manager via Pro Bono Australia.