About the Role
We are seeking an experienced and skilled Head of Communications to lead the development of our strategic communications globally.
We currently have teams in six international markets: Hong Kong, UK, Germany, Australia, China and the US. We also have programmes teams on the ground in China and Vietnam. We are now searching for a skilled communications individual, with a love and compassion for animals, to join our international team. As a credible expert in your field, you will play a pivotal role in leading all aspects of Animals Asia’s communications initiatives. We are looking for a leader with a collaborative approach, to deliver and implement a strategic communications plan, across our digital, print and media platforms to increase the impact of Animals Asia work. You will shape our narrative, build our brand, and increase the visibility of our current projects and future ambitions as a successful not-for-profit.
The role requires you to work globally, across multiple markets and teams. You will manage a team of 3 to deliver all our communications requirements globally.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
• Establish, promote and maintain Animals Asia’s messaging guidelines and message grid, ensuring these are consistent across all channels.
• Lead and deliver a team to agree the strategic narrative for the organisation, ensuring consistency across all channels.
• Drive our media coverage and responses, with the aim of increasing our PR and brand awareness.
• Create an annual comms strategic plan across multiple channels, this should include a PR strategy to increase awareness, crisis management risk assessment plan, developing and implementing an effective internal and stakeholder communication plan, development of our external messaging as well as management of our digital media platforms such as Facebook, Youtube etc.
• Development and continual review of key processes and policies.
• Work with country offices around the world, ensuring they are part of the overall communications strategy and delivery.
• Work alongside our fundraising teams to promote the organizations campaigns and fundraising initiatives.
• Lead a team to ensure high quality of work while maintaining a positive work environment.
• At least 5 years proven experience working as a communications professional at a charities/NGOs.
• Experience of managing a team including performance reviews, objective setting etc.
• Experience across multiple channels is required such as media, PR as well as digital media platforms.
• Proven ability to work across and with multiple teams.
• Experience setting and delving a communications strategy.
• Preference will be given to candidates with international experience across our key markets. Someone with experience in working with and managing celebrities would be an advantage too.
If you want to be part of a team that is changing the future of animal welfare across Asia, apply now!
About the Organisation
Animals Asia, an international animal charity, is devoted to ending the barbaric practice of bear bile farming and improving the welfare of animals in China and Vietnam. We have a talented and passionate team both on the ground and in our fundraising and communications teams.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Head of Communications at Animals Asia Foundation Limited via Pro Bono Australia.