About the Role
- Reports to: Manager, NDIS Sector Transition
- Direct Reports: N/A
- Location: Melbourne
- Status: Full Time; 38 hours per week.
- Fixed term contract until 31 August 2018 with possibility of extension
The Victorian Government has provided funding to NDS in Victoria to support NDIS Sector Transition in NDIS roll-out sites.
During 2017-18, disability organisations in Victoria will continue transitioning to full scheme NDIS. The Victorian Government has provided funding to NDS in Victoria to support NDIS Sector Transition in roll-out sites. The Sector Support Consultant role has been established in order to provide individualised technical support to organisations across these roll-out areas.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Identify the state of readiness of DHHS-funded disability service providers to make the transition to the NDIS, taking into account and relying on various resources and materials including market data (from NDIA, DHHS and NDS, as it becomes available); the NDS Provider Toolkit; NDS Financial Benchmarking; NDS workforce research and analysis; and other reference materials.
- Support DHHS-funded disability service providers in assessing their organisational development needs and planning for improvement. Assess organisational need for further support where applicable and provide this support or refer to other avenues as appropriate.
- Contribute to development of a gap analysis which identifies where NDS resources need to be focussed to support sector change and development.
- Ongoing engagement with relevant stakeholders to identify actions and capacity building initiatives which will assist in their transition to the NDIS.
- Assist the State Manager and Manager, NDIS Sector Transition, to identify linkages and opportunities to provide improved support for organisations transitioning to the NDIS.
- Promote activities supporting the work to all stakeholders including non-government service providers and Peak Bodies.
- Other duties relevant to achieving position deliverables
- Proven understanding of the operation of Human Services agencies with evidence of developing existing relationships within this setting.
- Demonstrated experience working with and knowledge of Aboriginal Community Organisations and Aboriginal communities.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of contemporary change management theory and practice within a Human Services policy environment.
- Excellent communications skills, including verbal, documentation, reporting and presentation capabilities.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders from a variety of organisations and from various positions within these organisations.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills related to large scale organisational change.
- Ability to influence others and move towards a common vision or goal.
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving organisational objectives in line with established policies and procedures.
- Tertiary qualifications relevant to the role (desirable but NOT essential).
- Ability to travel regularly and independently around regional Victoria, including overnight stays of up to three nights’ duration.
About the Organisation
NDS is the national industry association for disability services, representing over 800 not-for-profit organisations. Collectively, our members operate several thousand services for Australians with all types of disability. NDS’s members range in size from small support groups to large multi-service organisations, and are located in every State and Territory across Australia.
NDS promotes the full inclusion of people with disability and this commitment is outlined in our Disability Action Plan (DAP).
Apply for this Job
Interested applicants should send a cover letter relating their experience to each of the Key Attributes, together with their resume, to:
Human Resources Manager
Ph: (02) 9256 3104
Fax: (02) 9256 3123
Closing date: 3 September 2017
NDS is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with disability.
Please quote in application: Sector Support Consultant via Pro Bono Australia.