About the Role
• Two opportunities – Wyndham & Footscray/Sunshine
• Competitive salary plus salary packaging
• Fixed term contract until June 2019
Skills Reconnect is a consortium of organisations with Westgate Community Initiatives Group Inc (WCIG) as the lead member and commUnity+ to deliver the Skills First Reconnect program across six western suburbs LGA’s. The aim of the program is to provide a range of support for disengaged high needs learners to sustain their engagement with learning to successfully transition into formal learning and training that leads to employment.
We are looking for two Skills Reconnect Coaches to work full time with us on a fixed term contract until 30 June 2019. One position will be based in Wyndham, with a second based in Footscray/Sunshine. The Skills Reconnect Coach aims to connect with eligible participants to provide a range of supports, through a collective impact framework model, to sustain their engagement with learning and build the resilience and capacity necessary to successfully transition into formal learning and training that leads to jobs.
This role is definitely not for someone who wants to be bound to the same desk all day as there will be quite a lot of outreach and working out of multiple offices.
• Undertake outreach and engagement activities to locate, engage and attract disengaged high needs learners back into a learning environment
• Assess the learning and non-learning needs and career goals for participants, and develop an agreed learning plan
• Coordinate and provide access to support services that will support participants start and stay in training
• Assist participants in transitioning to further training and/or employment
• Assist participants with post placement support through telephone calls or visits to assess worker progress
• Provide a service which meets quality standards and achieve team outcome goals
• Be energetic, enthusiastic and passionate
• Prior experience with local community engagement whilst being able to forge relationships with community groups is essential
• Ability to network and address learner barriers
• An understanding of the VET sector would be highly regarded
• Relevant tertiary qualification in social welfare related discipline would be highly regarded
• Experience in providing individualised support and case management to learners with complex needs
• Computer literate in Microsoft Office software
WCIG Inc. is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and supports the creation of working conditions to ensure that all employees have an equal chance to seek and obtain employment, promotion and training.
Our organisation is committed to child safety. We have zero tolerance of child abuse. Our robust human resources, recruitment and vetting practices are strictly adhered to during the application and interviewing process. Applicants should be aware that we carry out working with children, police records and reference checks (as we see fit) to ensure that we are recruiting the right people.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
Please quote in application: Skills Reconnect Coach x 2 (Fixed Term) via Pro Bono Australia.