About the Role
About the Role
The AL Project Assistant will work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to support the activities and the strategic priorities of ALNSW program. The Project Assistant will undertake tasks supporting the planning, coordinating and the implementation of projects relating to the ALNSW program.
This is a full time (70 hours per fortnight) until the 30th June 2018, based in Bankstown.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Liaise and work collaboratively with SSI programs, divisions and stakeholders to ensure effective project implementation.
• Assist and undertake successful projects using strong communication and organisational skills.
• Assist AL Operations Manager and AL Project Coordinator with delegated project task and initiatives
• Develop an intimate understanding of the Program goals and the actual and potential range of activities
• Work collaboratively with Partner organisations and Ability Links teams towards the objectives of the AL Program.
Skills & Experience
• Relevant experience or qualifications in business administration
• Demonstrated ability to work as a team player
• Proven ability to be flexible, pro-active, use initiative and manage a variety of tasks
• Manage multiple and competing priorities to achieve tasks within deadlines
• Time management to ensure that competing priorities and timelines are met
• Experience in budget analysis and reporting
• Experience in working in project teams
• Data analysis, compiling project and status reports
• Analysis and interpretation of data to extract key messages and develop strategies and recommendations based on data findings
• Experience in a human services and not-for-profit environment and in working with externally funded programs
• Experience in the disability sector and an understanding of the benefits of involving people with a disability in the mainstream community
• Demonstrated ability to ensure cultural considerations of the needs of people and families from CALD communities in service access and delivery
About the Organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI) is a leading community-based not-for-profit organisation providing a range of services in the areas of refugee settlement, asylum seeker assistance, housing, multicultural foster care, disability support and employment services in NSW. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 8799 6700
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Ability Links (AL) Project Assistant via Pro Bono Australia.