About the Role
• Part-time opportunity with flexible working conditions
• Combine your financial nous and stakeholder engagement to support business growth
• 2-year full-time contract
The Centre for Evidence and Implementation (CEI) is an intermediary organisation positioned between the domains of policy, research and practice within child, youth and family services. A not-for-profit organisation with a mission to achieve the most desirable life outcomes for vulnerable children, families and communities through informed use of evidence in practice, programming and policy.
The CEI Accountant, reporting to the Director CEI, is accountable for the day-to-day finance operations of the organisation, including the Singapore branch. The role covers a broad range of activities from transactional processing to reporting and will steward improved financial processes, monitor accounting practices, execute monthly close processes and produce bi-monthly forecasts and an annual budget.
• Leading the preparation of budget and forecasts through collaboration with the Director CEI
• Driving continuous improvement and development of financial processes
• Ensuring delivery of high-quality customer service to all stakeholders
• Training the business on procurement and finance processes and policies
• Working with the Singapore office to assist with tax return submissions
What you will bring:
You will be a proactive and enthusiastic member of the team with a demonstrated ability to solve problems through informed, analytical and critical thinking. This demonstrated ability will see you engage with stakeholders effectively and impart high-level information clearly and in a manner that is understood by all. High levels of integrity, professionalism and a strong customer-centric approach will build and influence well-developed relationships and support the ongoing growth of CEI.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• Graduate Degree in Accounting or other business-related degree
• CPA / CA membership or be working towards achieving this
• High levels of attention to detail with commitment to accuracy and quality
• Demonstrated experience in management reporting and operational accounting
• Prior experience working with an ERP system or accounting software
• Knowledge of Singapore taxation requirements will be highly advantageous
What’s in it for you:
• Agile work environment with flexible work arrangements
• Flexibility in working hours to promote work / life balance
• Competitive salary reflective of skills and experience
About the Organisation
We bring specialist skills in:
- Supporting sustained change in the behaviour of systems, organisations and individuals. We put a strong emphasis on supporting and strengthening the core components of effective program implementation.
- Providing knowledge translation to policymakers, and relevant stakeholders, so they can access – and use – research for evidence-informed decision-making.
- Program design - selecting and creating evidence-informed programs and services to achieve outcomes for children, family and communities.
- Conducting rigorous evaluations, and assessing the long-term effect of outcomes.
Apply for this Job
Applications close 5.00pm Wednesday 11 October 2017
We know diversity makes a positive difference, and we encourage people from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and other diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note: The Centre for Evidence and Implementation (CEI) is founded by Save the Children Australia. Being a child-safe organisation, all employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check, and sign our Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.
Please quote in application: Accountant via Pro Bono Australia.