About the Role
Reporting to the Program Manager, these positions will require experienced Case Workers to assist families in crisis with children who are at risk of entering Out of Home Care (OOHC), or require Restoration or Preservation support, through assisting families to learn new skills that will enhance their parenting role utilizing a person-centred approach and by building relationships and developing motivation.
The Case Workers will be responsible for proving short to medium term, intensive support by offering flexible, in-home and group work services, whilst providing support to a variety of families and children, with diverse needs and trauma experiences.
Based at Bankstown, the two positions available are:
• Position One – Case Worker, Intensive Family Preservation (Full-time ongoing)
• Position Two – Case Worker, Intensive Family Preservation & Restoration & IFS Disability (Full-time contract to September 2018)
Both positions offer access to salary packaging (which may increase take home pay) training and developmental opportunities and professional supervision.
• Ability to undertake the duties of the role in accordance with CatholicCare’s Mission, Vision and Values and its Code of Ethics and Conduct
• Relevant tertiary qualifications and equivalent demonstrated experience
• Current Working with Children Check verification
• Knowledge of Child Protection Legislation
• A demonstrated understanding of the barriers and complex issues that families in contact with the child protection system experience
• Understanding and ability to implement a person-centred and trauma informed approach to service delivery
• Experience in report writing, assessments or behavioural programs and high quality client file maintenance
• Current drivers licence and access to comprehensively insured vehicle
About the Organisation
CatholicCare Sydney is the official social services agency of the Catholic Church in the Archdiocese of Sydney. We are a leading not-for-profit agency providing care and support to people in Sydney across a wide range of social services: Children and families, relationships, ageing, disability, employment, mental health and youth programs.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Sarah-Jane Davis, Program Manager
Phone : 0418491292
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case Worker – Bankstown – 2 positions via Pro Bono Australia.