About the Role
About the Role
Reporting to the ADE Manager, you will be responsible to manage, motivate and mentor supported employees within our employment programs. You will be expected to contribute ideas and expertise to assist in the development of the program along with supporting the day to day operational requirements. Balance supervisory duties and commercial relationships whilst being an active member of the work program. Core duties include:
- Supervise, direct and allocate work to supported employees as required
- Create a clear understanding of each supported employee’s role and responsibilities through regular employee meetings, sharing of relevant information and availability to address employee’s concerns where applicable
- Motivate and develop the supported employees so as to establish a satisfactory level of work performance
- Ensure that supported employees are successfully integrated into the workplace and that the work being done meets the requirements of Mambourin
- Be responsible for the maintenance and storage of any equipment used by supported employees
- Assist with maintaining maximum integration opportunities for supported employees
- Review individual employment plans every six months for each supported employee within the program
- Provide relevant training and support to each supported employee in accordance with individual employment plans
- Provide clear documentation highlighting both the achievement of individual employment plan outcomes, and shortfalls in achieving the specified goals
- Develop, implement and evaluate individual employment plans for each supported employee within the program
Skills & experience
- Certificate IV in Disability or its equivalent
- Previous experience in a supported employment service is highly desirable, preferably in warehousing / packaging / horticulture / landscaping field or broad industry experience
- Ability to liaise with suppliers and contractors to ensure that the program is able to build up a strong client base
- Demonstrated experience and competency in people management including supervision, training, discipline, delegation, diplomacy, support and negotiating skills and employee relations
- General business competencies including record keeping, marketing of the program and assisting to find suitable suppliers, ability to assist in costing packaging jobs appropriately and continuous quality improvement
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills at all levels of the work environment
- Great computer literacy with a good ability to use Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
Benefits of working for Mambourin
- Work close to home with eight community based sites located across the Western suburbs of Melbourne
- Enjoy the benefit of a salary sacrifice arrangement made available through our not for profit status Great career progression opportunities
- We value professional development for our people and invest in a multitude of training courses for staff such as CPR, First Aid, Positive Behaviour Support, Autism training and much more
- Most importantly we have a fun, collaborative culture and are passionate about our people, what we do and the people we support.
This role is a casual role, based in Derrimut and surrounding Western suburbs. Hourly rate of $26.70 including casual loading.
Please Note: A national criminal record check will be conducted on the successful applicant and must return a result that is satisfactory to Mambourin.
About the Organisation
Mambourin employs over 200 staff and provides individualised support to more than 350 people over the age of 18 through group and individual activities across the western suburbs of Melbourne.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: CASUAL EMPLOYMENT OFFICER via Pro Bono Australia.