About the Role
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER – Tara Costigan Foundation
The CEO is the most senior staff position and is responsible for the following:
- Day-to-day operations.
- Managing the Tara’s Angel service relationship.
- Managing other employees, contractors, labour hire agency staff and volunteers who contribute to TCF and provide services for the organisation.
This is a ‘hands on’ role in a small organisation and requires adaptability and flexibility.
The CEO is expected to provide vision and leadership and you will be responsible for setting a positive and safe internal culture within TCF.
The CEO reports to the Board and will be expected to maintain regular contact with the Board via the Chair and by attendance at Board meetings.
Activities in this exciting and varied CEO role include:
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the TCF, ensuring proper financial management and conformance with legal obligations and corporate policies;
- Leading on and overseeing fundraising, sponsorship and grant application activities to ensure the financial viability and growth of TCF;
- Stakeholder management and customer service management;
- Attracting, developing and managing the human resources of TCF;
- Proactively representing the organisation both in a formal context with the media or at key events, but also on a day-to-day basis whilst engaging with stakeholders;
- Contract and consultancy management;
- Developing and enhancing our public profile, including by social media
- Working with the Board to set appropriate policies and procedures, especially as the organisation grows;
- Contributing to the strategic vision for TCF; and
- Reporting to the Board.
About the Organisation
TCF was formed in 2015 after Tara Costigan was murdered by her ex-partner in a senseless act of family violence. The Foundation quickly developed a strong and positive public profile in the ACT and beyond. The Tara Costigan Foundation (‘TCF’) provides post-crisis support to survivors of family and domestic violence who wish to move on with their lives positively and proactively.
TCF assigns qualified, experienced and devoted social workers /caseworkers (Tara’s Angels) to survivors, free of charge. Tara’s Angels provide up to 2 years of support to help navigate a complex web of services and overcome personal barriers. We aim to break the cycle of violence through holistic support, underpinned by a focus on practical, positive and lasting change in families and communities.
In partnership with an experienced Community Services Sector provider, our first Tara’s Angel commenced the provision of support in November 2016. We have good community support and moderately diversified funding streams.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0404276080
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER – Tara Costigan Foundation via Pro Bono Australia.