About the Role
• Not for Profit, attractive benefits pro rata 5 weeks paid leave, salary sacrifice packaging
• 12 Months Fixed Term Contract
• Available full-time or part time (min 3 days per week)
The Communications Officer is responsible for planning and executing the inTouch corporate communications program internally and externally; monitoring and reporting on outcomes; and implementing a continuous improvement process for strategic communications.
• Develop and document a comprehensive communications plan, including social media
engagement, for CEO and Board approval, including
o identification of key target audiences
o purposes / objectives of communicating with each segment
o development of inTouch key messages for strategic positioning
o targeting the right channels for key audience segments and messages
o 12-month calendar of key communications tasks, activities and cyclical events.
• Accountable for implementation of approved communications plan
• Manage inTouch web site, including at least weekly updating of content, and planning and
implementing on-going improvements to presentation, structure and technical features;
• Responsible for delivery of inTouch flagship publications, including the annual report, an
“impact report” (new); corporate brochure; website; LinkedIn profile etc.; tasks include copy writing, sourcing / commissioning photography; liaison with suppliers (designers, printers) and project management;
• Provide expert advice and support to executive team [ie. leaders of Client Services; Legal Centre; Capacity Building] for improving communication and outreach about their unit’s respective work;
• Contribute to submissions, reports, research papers and funding applications as and when required at request of the CEO;
• Support the CEO through development and delivery of a structured internal communications program;
• Act as first point of contact for media inquiries; support inTouch staff with media training; implement a media monitoring system;
• Prepare regular management reports on communications, media and PR activities and outcomes;
• Assume responsibility for development and maintenance of brand identity and style guidelines, and monitoring compliance.
Key Selection Criteria
• Tertiary qualification in communications, marketing or related discipline;
• Minimum three years’ experience in a similar role,
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, proactively and across a broad spectrum from high level planning of strategically focused communications to hands-on communications management across different media and channels;
• A track record of effective delivery of a communications program;
• High-level verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively to a range of diverse audiences;
• Demonstrated well-developed interpersonal, stakeholder and project management skills
• A genuine interest in domestic violence issues affecting migrant and refugee families, and a commitment to social justice, is essential.
• Knowledge of the Victorian family violence policy and service landscape, including the Royal Commission recommendations and current family violence reforms, and affinity with working in a multicultural environment would be of advantage.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 61394136500
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, send a short covering letter explaining why you are interested in this position and attach you CV and a brief (2 pages max.) document addressing the key selection criteria.
Email your application to email@example.com
Please apply as soon as possible; the position is available immediately.
Applications will be assessed in order of receipt.
There is no official closing date.
Please quote in application: Communications Officer via Pro Bono Australia.