About the Role
- Reports to: Project Lead – Access & Inclusion
- Direct Reports: 0
- Location: Perth
- Status: Part-time, 28 hours per week (7 hours a day over 4 days)
- Fixed-term contract until November 2018, with possibility of extension, but with no guarantee.
The primary objective of the role is to provide advice and support to Community Living & Participation Grants applicants and prepare grant applications for the Grants Assessment Committee.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Respond to grant enquiries; provide advice and support to grant applicants and beneficiaries.
• Prepare grant applications for presentation to the Grants Assessment Committee.
• Maintain database, spreadsheet and other records of project activities.
• Develop and maintain knowledge of disability and community funding options.
• Monitor, analyse and report on numbers, trends and arising issues relating to grant management and disability funding.
• Recruit and retain businesses and organisations to affiliate with the Companion Card program and expand the range of events and activities available to Companion Card holders
• Develop and maintain productive relationships and networks with stakeholders that support program management and outcomes.
• Participate in the delivery of written analyses and reports as required
• Support the delivery of project/s outcomes in accordance with contractual requirements.
• Provide secretarial support to project committees.
• Participate as a cooperative team member within NDS.
• Other duties as required.
1. High level verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the demonstrated capacity to engage successfully with a range of stakeholders to achieve results, and present effectively to various audiences.
2. High level written communication skills, including the ability to write clear and accurate reports, file notes and emails.
3. Demonstrated organisational skills and a proven track-record of meeting project timeframes.
4. Demonstrated initiative, including the capacity to research information and solve problems.
5. Ability to work harmoniously within a team environment.
6. Demonstrated competency in using databases and Microsoft Office programs.
7. Demonstrated knowledge of disability /community funding options and/or the ability to quickly acquire this knowledge.
About the Organisation
NDS is the national industry association for disability services, representing over 1,200 non-government organisations. Collectively, our members operate several thousand services for Australians with all types of disability. NDS’s members range in size from small support groups to large multi-service organisations, and are located in every State and Territory across Australia.
NDS promotes the full inclusion of people with disability and this commitment is outlined in our Disability Action Plan (DAP).
Apply for this Job
Interested applicants should send a cover letter relating their experience to each of the Key Attributes, together with their resume, to:
Human Resources Manager
Ph: (02) 9256 3104
Fax: (02) 9256 3123
Closing date: 17 September 2017
NDS is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with disability.
Please quote in application: Community Engagement Officer – Access & Inclusion via Pro Bono Australia.