About the Role
Role and Responsibilities
- Motivating, empowering and assisting others in the Parkinson’s and general community to participate in or to run their own community fundraising events supporting Shake It Up Australia Foundation (SIUF).
- To provide strategic direction, advice and support for our fundraising community and peer-to-peer fundraising.
- To strategically plan and execute the Foundation’s national events program.
- Management and allocation of volunteers for all events.
- Maintaining and growing the Foundation’s database and executing new strategies to engage and grow our supporters.
- Budget preparation and management for all SIUF events with a focus on securing reduced cost/probono products/services at all times.
- Liaise and engage with SIUF ambassadors and involve them in SIUF community events and media opportunities.
- Development of all marketing collateral to support SIUF events.
- Working closely with the Operations Manager to strategically plan and execute the online media and communications strategy to promote SIUF events.
- Working with the Executive General Manager, Strategic Partnerships to steward existing events sponsors/partners and identify new opportunities.
The Foundation is looking for a self-starter who has the ability to operate independently and has a passion to make a difference to the lives of those in the Parkinson’s community.
The successful candidate will be able to confidently engage and communicate with a variety of stakeholders at all levels, both in person and through their writing.
Relevant tertiary qualification and experience in the not-for-profit sector is desirable but not essential.
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- experience in writing and editing technical and creative content;
- experience in fundraising, marketing, communications and/or event management;
- excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task;
- experience organising events and working collaboratively across teams;
- moderate to advanced IT skills;
- empathy and ability to build relationships;
- excellent administration skills and a high level of attention to detail;
- graphic design experience would be an advantage;
- ability to work flexible hours.
This is a part time role approximately 15 to 20 hours per week based in Sydney and the Foundation is open to exploring flexible work hours.
A competitive salary package commensurate with skills and experience will be offered to the successful applicant.
About the Organisation
Shake It Up Australia Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation established in 2011 to promote and fund Parkinson’s disease research in Australia. The Foundation was established by Clyde Campbell, a father of three and business owner who was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease in 2009 at the age of 44. Clyde set out to find out as much as he could about the disease and determine what he could do in a practical sense to assist. His search led him to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) in the United States and the remarkable work MJFF do to fund medical research targeted at finding better treatments on the path to a cure for Parkinson’s disease. Shake It Up was established based on Clyde’s realisation that funding Parkinson’s research in partnership with MJFF was the best thing that he could do to help himself, his family and the 80,000 other Australians living with the disease. Our mission is clear; to find the cure for Parkinson’s disease.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0413417486
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Community Fundraising and Events Manager via Pro Bono Australia.