About the Role
• Fixed term until 30 June 2018
• Full Time
• Frankston location
This role will be responsible for the provision of service coordination, case management, assessment and intervention, early parenting support and practical assistance and advocacy and service brokerage.
About the program
Cradle to Kinder is a targeted ante and postnatal support service that provides intensive and longer-term family and early parenting support to vulnerable young mothers (aged less than 25 years) and their families. The program provides support to families commencing from before birth and continuing up to the time the child reaches four years of age.
Within the target group of vulnerable young mothers, priority access is given to groups who are known to find it difficult to maintain engagement with services. This ensures that parents receive the early parenting support they need during the critical early years of their child’s development. The priority groups for the Cradle to Kinder program are Aboriginal women, women who are or have been in out-of-home care and women with a learning difficulty.
We are looking for someone with:
• A Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Social Welfare, Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Counselling, Social Sciences or equivalent.
• A demonstrated ability to manage a high risk caseload, with complex needs, using trauma informed approaches to practice.
• Demonstrated ability to engage clients and a sound knowledge of interventions and services, and a good ability to work as part of a care team.
• Ability to improve child health outcomes and optimise child development.
• Ability to promote safety and stability through strong assessment and case plans and application of appropriate risk assessment frameworks.
• Ability to work with young parents and strengthen parenting capacity and parental mental health.
• Ability to engage in systemic practice to empower clients and support connection to culture and community.
• High level of communication skills and excellent assessment, case noting and administration skills.
• A sound knowledge of Aboriginal Culture and society.
• Ability to work effectively with young people from a range of backgrounds including CALD young people, young people from out of home care and young people with a disability.
Applicants with backgrounds in social work, early childhood development, psychology, infant mental health and maternal child health will be sought for this position.
About the Organisation
Family Life is a youth and child safe organisation. We value, respect, and listen to children and young people. We are committed to the safety of all children and young people including the cultural safety of Aboriginal children and young people, culturally and/or linguistically diverse children and young people, gender and sexually diverse children and young people and children and young people with a disability.
Apply for this Job
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Cradle to Kinder – Key Worker via Pro Bono Australia.