About the Role
- Make a difference and change people’s lives for the better
- Full time 38 hours per week, initially for 12 months with a view to extend, subject to contract funding
- Pool vehicle available
- Attractive salary packaging to increase take home pay
A fantastic opportunity for a results focused Employer Engagement Coordinator has become available to build quality relationships and partnerships with both large and small employers that result in both employment outcomes and broader support networks. Working in partnership with North Melbourne Football Club’s ‘The Huddle’ and Flemington Community Centre and using best practice approaches, this position will create sustainable job opportunities for a diverse range of disadvantaged jobseekers under the Given the Chance suite of programs.
To be successful in this position, a candidate will need:
- Demonstrated experience in marketing, sales, developing and coordinating employment brokerage for disadvantaged job seekers
- Proven ability to work effectively with small and large employers, community organisations and government agencies in order to place disadvantaged people into work
- Proven knowledge and understanding of industry recruitment models and requirements
- Demonstrated understanding of diversity groups including asylum seekers, refugees, people with a disability, mature aged jobseekers, young learners and parents with young children seeking work
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships and liaise across all levels both internally, externally and with people from diverse backgrounds
Please refer to the position description for a full list of selection criteria
This is a full time, 12 months maximum term position, working 38 hours per week.
Salary will be in the range of $65,326 to $68,278 per annum, based on skills and experience plus superannuation. Attractive salary packaging provisions are available to increase take home pay.
A copy of the position description can be downloaded at https://www.bsl.org.au/about/careers/jobs/ . For further information about the role phone Brian Finnigan on 03 9288 9948
About the Organisation
Established during the Great Depression, the Brotherhood of St Laurence was the vision and creation of Fr Gerard Tucker, a man who combined his Christian faith with a fierce determination to end social injustice. The Brotherhood has developed into an independent organisation with strong Anglican and community links. Today, we continue to fight for an Australia free of poverty.
At the Brotherhood of St Laurence, we are defined by the people that make up our organisation. With 600 employees and 900 volunteers across more than 50 sites, together we strive to help people experiencing disadvantage through research and policy and services and advocacy.
As well as providing services and programs for families and elderly on low incomes, refugees, young people and the unemployed, we research the causes and effects of poverty and advocate national and local policy solutions for people who are disadvantaged.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Employer Engagement Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.