About the Role
Reporting to the CEO, the Executive Director – Executive Secretariat leads a small team of professionals to manage all high-level communications, prepare strategic advice, direct recommendations to the CEO, oversee legal counsel, and define the PMO strategy. This will involve:
- Developing processes for organisational strategy and reporting and for administrative practices, systems and procedures
- Providing evidence-based advice and recommendations to the CEO and Executive Leadership Team on relevant matters for legislative review and public policy development
- Assuring recommendations for the Board and CEO are accurate, comprehensive and evidence-based
- Providing correspondence control and effective tracking systems Prioritising research to identify and analyse issues and concerns affecting policy outcomes
- Leading external communication strategies and campaigns for both State and Federal Government and assessing and anticipating public opinion issues relating to the Society and its key priorities
The successful candidate must have achieved significant success in a comparable role with a large, complex organisation and be able to demonstrate:
- Team management and mentoring experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate with key stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds
- Ability to liaise with stakeholders, internal and external, and proactively take action on requests
- Good understanding of all legal and regulatory issues relevant to the Society, and a high interest in remaining abreast of Government direction and its implications
- A strong work ethic, with a desire to conceive and implement change in a collaborative manner
- The ability to work well with and support the Executive Leadership Team
- An understanding of and commitment to the mission and values of the Society
About the Organisation
As one of NSW’s largest charities the St Vincent de Paul Society is a lay Catholic member and volunteer based organisation that has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. The organisation is a leading provider of community support services and delivers over 100 Special Works across the State in the areas of homelessness, mental health, disability, financial counselling, supported accommodation, food provision, refugees and migrants, and addiction counselling.
The St Vincent de Paul Society NSW has around 20,000 members and volunteers and approximately 2,000 employees. With 450 conferences throughout NSW, conference members carry out home visitations on a daily basis. The work of the Society is funded by all levels of government, the generous support received from the community and over 250 Vinnies Retail Centres across NSW.
In an exciting period of change and growth, the Society seeks to appoint an Executive Director to lead the Executive Secretariat. This new role offers an opportunity to have a long-term impact on one of Australia’s best loved charities.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 8920 9844
Please contact Ruth Hayes to receive an information pack and details on how to apply.
Applications close 1 October 2017.
Please quote in application: Executive Director Executive Secretariat via Pro Bono Australia.