About the Role
- Improve the lives of people on low incomes
- Leading and innovative financial inclusion non-for-profit
- Newly created position with excellent benefits
Supporting customers on low incomes, you will be responsible for providing financial advice, information and counselling with the purpose of transitioning customers to be able to make informed decisions that help to resolve their financial difficulties and enables them to confidently manage their finances. You will also be required to:
- Assist customers to gain an improved ability to manage their financial affairs
- Respond in a timely manner to customer enquiries
- Refer customers to other community support services e.g. Unemployment
- Liaise with community partners to schedule appointments with customers and interpreters
To be considered for this position, you will be qualified in financial counselling and have worked in a similar role providing counselling, advice and support to customers/clients.
Through your previous experience in case management, you exercise professionalism, good judgement whilst demonstrating empathy and respect. Your excellent communication skills enable you to engage with a diverse range of clientele and effectively articulate numerical information that is easy to understand.
You also demonstrate a high level of attention to detail in your work with the ability to follow and adhere to compliance procedures.
A diploma in financial counselling and membership of the Financial and Consumer Rights Council is essential.
Please note that a police check will be required for the successful applicant.
About the Organisation
Good Shepherd Microfinance is a world leader in financial inclusion products, services and advisory. They offer fair and affordable financial programs to people on low incomes and advisory services for governments, businesses and other organisations.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Financial Counsellor via Pro Bono Australia.