About the Role
Online Communications Advisor
• Do you like to be involved and make a difference?
• Work in a challenging, creative and dynamic work environment
• Responsible for day-to-day website & online comms activity & projects
About the role
• Part time permanent, 3 days a week
• Maternity leave contract (to September 2018)
• Convenient South Melbourne location
The Online Communications Advisor supports the implementation of the Marketing & Communications strategy and service area strategies, through providing advice and expertise with the online tools used at Melbourne City Mission. You will be involved in the end-to-end project management and delivery of the organisations new website development project, our flagship fundraising and community event, Sleep at the ’G. Reporting to the Manager of Marketing, Communication & Brand and as a key part of the MarComms team, you will be responsible for:
• Project manage the redevelopment of the Melbourne City Mission website including managing all aspects of project delivery from initiation, through to planning, execution and project closure. This will involve working closely with key stakeholders at all stages of the project to ensure business needs are met and there is appropriate business and technical ownership for project outcomes.
• Event website management for Sleep at the ’G
• Website & intranet administration, content management, development, and ensuring Melbourne City Mission’s website meets compliancy and accessibility standards
• In-house user support to staff on Melbourne City Mission’s content management systems, web/intranet guidelines and accessibility requirements
• Provide advice on development of microsites/online campaigns for specific services and programs operated by the organisation
• Assist in the delivery of internal and external Communication projects
• Oversee Melbourne City Mission’s use of Electronic Direct Mail (EDM), SEO and analytics, including template & content creation/design, training, compliancy, promotion and reporting.
• Act as a brand ambassador for Melbourne City Mission ensuring all collateral complies with branding standards.
Desirable skills & experience
• A relevant tertiary qualification in Communications/Marketing/Web Design or a similar discipline & 3–5 years’ work experience in a similar role
• Demonstrated experience in project managing the redevelopment or construction of large scale websites
• Experience using content management systems, project managing web projects & EDM platforms
• Utilise your ability to manage agencies and run projects successfully
• Experience developing and managing accessible websites in accordance with accessibility standards
• Adobe CS skills
• A knowledge of Sharepoint development is desirable but not essential
• Excellent written, verbal & organisational skills
• Must be an energetic, driven, self-starter who can work autonomously as required
About the Marketing, Brand & Communications Team
A dynamic team where quality, excellence and making a difference really matters. Join a highly collaborative, and passionate team with multifaceted & integrated skill sets supporting all levels of organisation across the entire marketing and communication mix, and in addition, the digital innovation and new marketing initiatives, optimising market position, awareness and growth. A team of brand custodians all the while amplifying a content driven culture across the organisation. We travel frequently between the MCM office sites, and proudly build and manage relationships with internal stakeholders, external agencies and suppliers.
A position description containing further information is attached below.
For enquiries about this role please contact Anita Pacini on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer a competitive remuneration package including an attractive salary, access to tax-effective salary packaging arrangements and supportive work/life balance provisions. MCM recognises the importance of investing in the training, learning and development of our staff.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : email@example.com
To be considered for this position, applicants must include a current CV and address the key selection criteria as outlined in the position description.
Applications to Anita Pacini, Manager Marketing, Communications & Brand via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5pm Friday 13 October 2017
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Our commitment to diversity
At MCM, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We know that diversity and inclusion helps us to attract, recruit, engage and retain a team of talented people. If you require specific support to apply for this position, please advise the recruiting manager whose contact details are listed in the advertisement. We will work with you to identify the best way to assist you.
Please quote in application: Online Communications Advisor via Pro Bono Australia.