About the Role
The Brotherhood of St Laurence, a well-regarded, non-profit organisation employing more than 900 paid staff and 1200 volunteers across sites, delivers a range of services to the most disadvantaged in the community. In addition, the Brotherhood researches the causes and effects of poverty and advocates at national and local level for policy solutions.
Reporting to the General Manager – Work and Learning, the successful candidate will lead the delivery of a number of employment programs, including our flagship Work and Learning Centres, supporting jobseekers who experience disadvantage to access the labour market. In addition, the incumbent will play an active role in identifying and developing new opportunities to grow our innovative programs, working with both internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will need:
- Significant experience and skills in operational program management including meeting KPIs and goals within set timeframes and budgets.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to build, lead and motivate teams.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to implement business plans and oversee budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, consultation, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills with the ability to build effective relationships with diverse range of stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Proven analytical and conceptual skills in applying a proactive approach to decision making and problem solving – taking ownership of and responsibility for decisions.
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills with the ability to plan workload, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Understanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of the Brotherhood.
- Experience in developing and growing innovative employment programs for highly disadvantaged jobseekers.
This is a full time position working 38 hours per week.
Salary will be in the range of $100,000 to $105,000 per annum, based on skills and experience plus superannuation and car/car allowance. Attractive salary packaging provisions are available to increase take home pay.
A copy of the position description can be downloaded at https://www.bsl.org.au/about/careers/jobs/ . For further information about the role phone Katrina Currie on 9288 9947
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Manager – Work and Learning Employment Programs via Pro Bono Australia.