About the Role
- International development agency, making a lasting difference to children living in poverty
- Lead the development of the bequest program, with a focus on donor stewardship
- Would suit candidates from a wills, estate planning, fundraising or philanthropy background
You will drive the development of the bequest program and be a key member of the Marketing team. You will grow the strategy and implement end to end plans and processes, from bequest communication to personalised stewardship of current and potential donors. Reporting into the Single Giving Manager, you will also work across the philanthropic fundraising program, liaising with high net worth individuals, trusts, foundations and corporates.
- Lead and implement the annual operational plan for the Bequest program
- Utilise the extensive supporter database, to identify, research and cultivate new donors
- Assess innovative approaches to enhance the donor pipeline
- Generate reports on key metrics including revenue, retention, conversion and lifetime value
- Work closely with trustees, solicitors, donors and bequestors, ensuring compliance with legislation
Benefits and Culture
- Work towards enabling every child to have a childhood
- Join a highly skilled fundraising team
- Local and international travel may be required
- Located in Surry Hills, Sydney, close to public transport
- Supportive, energetic and innovative team
You will be an existing bequest or philanthropy manager and understand the importance of donor care, alongside data-driven fundraising strategies. Your ability to listen, understand and work in partnerships with individuals and families will enhance our supporter base and increase awareness of our bequest program.
Your experience will also include;
- Ability to ‘make the ask’ in writing, in person or via the telephone
- Knowledge of the Australian bequest giving or philanthropy environment
- Manage a pipeline of bequestors via a strategic stewardship program
- Experience and knowledge of CRM systems and marketing automation systems
About the Organisation
ChildFund Australia works in partnership with children and their communities to create lasting and meaningful change.
It supports long term community development and promotes children’s rights in countries such as Vietnam, Papua New Guinea, Cambodia, Laos, Timor Leste and Myanmar. They work in partnership with ChildFund Alliance to deliver programs throughout Asia, Africa and the Americas.
These programs are funded by sponsorship contributions, major gifts, bequests, grants, donations and other revenue.
Apply for this Job
Use your fundraising and bequest knowledge to enable children to say ‘I am safe, I am educated, I am heard and I have a future’. Please contact Debbie Jardine or Richard Green on 02 8243 0570 or submit a cover letter responding to the skills required above and resume in MS Word format, quoting reference #33973.
Please quote in application: Bequest Executive – Gifts in Wills via Pro Bono Australia.