About the Role
IS THIS YOU?
- A highly skilled fundraiser looking to align your purpose with young people and their potential
- A passionate, results-focused team-player
- Adaptable, great relationship builder that is always multitasking
An exciting full-time opportunity to manage Reach’s Fundraising (Individual Giving, Appeals, Community Fundraising and Database) function exists in Reach’s VIC team.
The Manager, Fundraising is a key member of Reach’s Development team. The Development team works across corporate partnerships, community fundraising, individual giving, grants and events. This team is responsible for attracting, retaining and reporting to the stakeholders who provide funding and resources to deliver Reach’s programs.
WHO ARE THE CREW?
The Reach Crew is a group of young people who are committed to creating, designing, and delivering experiences for other young people to learn more about themselves and connect with others. The Reach Crew consists of both volunteers and casual employees.
WHO ARE YOU?
You are an enthusiastic and collaborative fundraising professional with extensive experience in community fundraising and individual giving. You will thrive in Reach’s youth-oriented environment and unique culture, merging your experience with your innate respect for the passion and potential of young people, to bring in a strong revenue stream for Reach. As Manager, Fundraising you will be responsible for driving both acquisition and engagement programs to create enduring relationships and funding results in the areas of both community fundraising and individual giving.
Role starting as soon as possible.
About the Organisation
Reach is a for-purpose youth organisation that aims to improve the wellbeing of young people so they can get the most out of life.
The vision of The Reach Foundation is that every young person has the support and self belief they need to fulfil their potential and dare to dream. Co-founded by Jim Stynes and Paul Currie, their legacy endures through creative and edgy programs delivered for young people by the young Reach Crew, keeping it relevant and real.
Each year over 40,000 young people aged 10-18 experience Reach through our youth-led workshops – designed and delivered by our young crew. Our workshops are safe and supportive spaces where teenagers can share stories and experiences honestly, improve their self-awareness, and build deeper more meaningful connections.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Chris Doig, National Manager, Development
Phone : 0401 496 760
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Some of the key selection criteria for this role include (see attached Position Description for further details):
- Required: Formal tertiary qualifications in Fundraising or other similar field
- Required: Recognised significant experience in fundraising and donor stewardship – both at grass roots and strategic levels
- Demonstrated ability to achieve targets, manage budgets and financial forecasting
- Demonstrated ability to design and deliver a significant campaign with strong financial return
- Very strong attention to detail
- Excellent relationship / interpersonal skills, and customer service experience and practice
- Positive, constructive, “can do” attitude
- Commitment to the shared values and philosophies of Reach, including being open and willing to engage authentically in Reach’s work
- Having the right to live and work in Australia.
Please note: Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check and Police Check prior to starting in the role.
Our application process has 2 components. Applications MUST provide both components to be considered.
PART 1 (screening): Provide answers to the following 4 questions in a separate Word document:
- What are the keys to excellent donor appeal? Tell us about a time when you’ve achieved this in the past.
- Joseph Campbell’s concept of The Heroes Journey is central to Reach’s workshop methodology. Describe a time when you’ve gone on the Hero’s Journey in your own life.
- Why do you want to fundraise in support of Reach?
- Why are you looking to change roles at this point in your career?
PART 2 (CV and key selection criteria): Provide your CV and a cover letter explicitly addressing all Key Selection Criteria in the attached PD (Qualifications/Experience; Skills; Values/Attributes/Attitude).
Email all documents to email@example.com , using the subject line: “Manager, Fundraising application – YOUR NAME”.
Your application may not be considered if you do not fully address both parts 1 and 2 as above.
Please quote in application: Manager, Fundraising via Pro Bono Australia.