About the Role
- Canberra ACT location – NDIS Fixed Term – Contract role
- Make a Difference in your community
- Salary Sacrifice available
With the support and direction of the Regional Manager the Program Co-ordinator is responsible for supporting regional teams to identify and implement appropriate systems and processes to enable the delivery of services under the NDIS.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- The ability to develop collaborative relationships with all key stakeholders and will work closely with the Carelink Manager and Carelink Team.
- A sound understanding of all National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) requirements relating to the delivery of services, including processes that support referral and intake, planning, delivery of supports and financial processes.
- Demonstrated skills and experience working with psychosocial and harm minimisation model.
- Knowledge of how social inclusion principles are applied to service delivery.
- Facilitation, negotiation, mediation and consultation skills.
- Relevant qualifications or commensurate experience in working in a support role for people with a mental illness and disability, generally a Certificate IV qualification or above.
- Ability & experience in working with diverse groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, refugee groups and LGBTIQ groups will be highly regarded.
- Strong orientation and commitment to social inclusion and diversity. Satisfactory Police Records Check, current valid Driver’s License and Working with Vulnerable Persons Check, prior to commencement is essential.
About the Organisation
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
Apply for this Job
Please complete an online application via our Careers page (wellways.org/careers-wellways).
Further information about the role is also available on our Careers page. For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Lachlan Atyeo, Regional Manager, Southern New South Wales on 0419 917 262.
Applications will be shortlisted on receipt. Start ASAP
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.
Please quote in application: NDIS Co-ordinator via Pro Bono Australia.