About the Role
About the role
The Project Coordinator is responsible for leading the implementation of the Connecting
End-of-Life Care in Townsville Project, with the key project aim as follows:
To build culture, system and practice improvements which increase the quality of end-of-life care and reduce after hours service needs of primary care residents living with life limiting conditions within the greater Townsville region.
- Ensure the coordination, implementation and evaluation of the project is being conducted in line with PCQ’s agreed project plan, timetables and budget to achieve established milestones
- Establish a local primary end-of-life care network to foster long term and sustainable improvements in palliative care
- Represent the project at a range of local forums to foster internal and external audiences and committees and facilitate training and information seminars
- Conduct audits, mapping activities, needs assessments and training evaluations
- Monitor, evaluate and report on the project and initiatives
Skills & Experience
- A tertiary qualification in health/social science or related discipline and/or project management
- Knowledge of the health, aged care and community services systems for people with a life limiting condition and their carers/family, including specialist palliative care services and primary care services
- Capacity to inspire health and community service staff to collaborate in seeking quality improvement in end of life and palliative care
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a small team.
We offer a competitive remuneration package including an attractive salary, access to tax effective salary packaging arrangements and supportive work/life balance provisions. PCQ recognises the importance of investing in the training, learning and development of our staff.
About the Organisation
At Palliative Care Queensland (PCQ) we’re changing lives every day.
We’ve been around for 29 years supporting the growth of palliative and end-of-life care throughout Queensland. We advocate, educate, build capacity and raise awareness about palliative/end of life care. We’re a membership based organisation with over 300 members across the state and are a member organisation of Palliative Care Australia. A job with us means you are a part of an organisation that is making a real difference.
Click here to find out more about us.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 07 3511 1539
How to Apply
- Position description containing further information is attached
- This is a 12-month fixed term project position – until October 2018 (with a possibility of extension dependent on funding)
- Hours optional, with choice of: 0.6 FTE; 0.8 FTE
- For enquiries about this role please contact Shyla Mills
- Applications close at 12 midnight on the 20th October
- Please email a copy of your CV, Cover Letter and a summary of how you meet the Key Attributes of this position to Shyla Mills by the closing date and time.
Appointment to this position is subject to the satisfactory completion of a National Police Check, International Police Check (if applicable), current Queensland Working with Children Check, current Queensland Driver’s Licence and the right to work in Australia
Please quote in application: Project Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.