About the Role
The role of Campaigns Director at RESULTS is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned advocacy professional. You will work on a diverse set of development issues with a strong focus on global health within a small but dynamic organization that is well connected at community, national and global levels. At the global level this includes working closely with our partners at ACTION Global Health Advocacy Partnership (www.action.org ) as well as RESULTS international affiliates on other campaigns.
The Campaigns Director is responsible for leading RESULTS campaign strategy development and implementation and supporting RESULTS objectives to build an impactful, well-recognised and sustainable organisation.
The Campaigns Director manages the Campaigns Team (Community Engagement Manager and Policy & Advocacy Manager) and the role reports to the CEO.
• Lead the Campaigns Team in development and implementation of RESULTS community, national
and global campaigns strategy in consultation with CEO and other relevant staff.
• Coordinate RESULTS campaign strategy with global partners, national civil society
organisations and coalitions.
• Cultivate and manage RESULTS Government relations with parliamentarians and relevant government
departments and other political and civil society stakeholders
• Lead on RESULTS campaign work on tuberculosis, including acting as Secretariat for the Australian
• Lead and manage the Campaigns Team
• Monitor, evaluate and report on campaigns, including to grant donors
• Relevant Tertiary qualifications and at least 5 years experience in advocacy or campaigning
• Demonstrated significant success in leadership and management of campaign/advocacy teams
• A sound understanding of the global public health and broader development architecture and the
current political framework, particularly within Australia and the Asia-Pacific region
• Confident oral and written communication including public speaking and/or media experience
• High level skills in research, negotiation and campaign networking
• Proven ability to meet work goals in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and respond
flexibly to changing priorities
• Successful experience developing and managing projects and agreed budgets
• An enthusiastic self-motivated, proactive team member who is committed to achieving RESULTS’
goals and objectives
• Flexibility to work outside normal hours (for international teleconferences) and travel regularly
within Australia and internationally
• Hold an Australian drivers Licence
About the Organisation
RESULTS Australia works in partnership with many national and international organisations, in particular our RESULTS affiliates in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Japan, Korea and Mexico.
We are also a partner in ACTION, a global health partnership of advocacy organisations working to influence policy and mobilise resources to fight diseases of poverty and improve poor people’s access to healthcare.
RESULTS International (Australia) is part of an international, non-partisan and non-profit network that has been working in Australia for 30 years through a combination of staff-led and grassroots-driven advocacy. We work with federal parliamentarians and through the media to generate public and political will to end poverty.
RESULTS is a member of the Australian Council for International Development and a signatory to
its Code of Conduct. RESULTS is also registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits
RESULTS commitment to ending poverty is framed by the internationally agreed Sustainable
Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty by 2030, The SDGs, which also have bipartisan political
support, consist of 17 goals, including:
– End extreme poverty by 2030
– Ensure healthy lives for everyone, including ending epidemics by 2030
RESULTS is committed to ensuring Australia plays an effective role in achieving the SDGs and
combating poverty, by advocating to influence the national and international funding allocations
and policy frameworks for the following international development issue.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 9939 3292
Email : email@example.com
To apply: Please email your concise CV and a covering letter detailing your experience in each of the above selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Campaigns Director’ in the subject line.
Enquiries: Maree Nutt, CEO on phone 0404 808 849 or email email@example.com
Application close at 5pm on 13 December 2017.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please quote in application: Campaigns Director via Pro Bono Australia.