About the Role
Accessible Arts is seeking a dynamic and strategic CEO to lead an exciting new phase of the organisation.
Located in The Rocks in Sydney, Accessible Arts is the peak Arts + Disability organisation in NSW. We provide professional services and assistance to organisations and individuals in the arts and disability sectors. We provide consultancy services and training to organisations, and implement a range of programs for artists with disability with a view to supporting and enabling people with disability to develop and maximise their creative potential.
Accessible Arts is entering a period of change and development as the NDIS is rolled out across Australia. We are seeking an energetic CEO with diverse experience to work closely with the Board to lead our organisation into an exciting future. The successful candidate will have high level strategy, leadership and change-management skills, and strong networks in the arts and/or disability sectors.
Refer to the Position Description and Selection Criteria for full details of the requirements of the role and for details on how to apply, available at www.aarts.net.au.
Terms of engagement: 3-year fixed term contract with possibility of renewal
Salary: Commensurate with skills and experience
Closing date: 5pm, Tuesday 21 November 2017
Start date: By negotiation
Please provide a cover letter, a curriculum vitae and a separate document responding to all of the selection criteria to Sharman Pretty (Chairperson), email@example.com and direct queries about the position to the same address.
Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered. If you are not selected for interview, you may not receive a response to your application.
Persons with lived experience of disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants are required to provide a written response to each of the following criteria in order to be considered for the role. Please provide this response in a separate document.
1. Leadership – Demonstrated leadership qualities, evidenced by experience in a CEO or similar role, preferably in either the disability or arts sectors.
2. Program delivery – Experience in successfully delivering programs and services that respond to a company’s strategic and/or financial goals.
3. Relationship management – Demonstrated ability to foster high level partnerships and relationships with government, funding bodies, donors and other stakeholders, including success in writing, managing and acquitting grant applications.
4. Operational – Excellent administrative, planning and communication skills and high level financial or budgeting experience.
5. Entrepreneurial – An entrepreneurial spirit with the capability to identify and capitalize on new opportunities to generate revenue, including business development and fundraising skills.
1. Disability – Lived experience of disability
2. Relationships – Well established networks in the arts, and/or arts + disability sector/s.
3. Change management – Experience in change management and successful implementation of new company model or structure.
4. Governance – Experience as a company secretary or undertaking secretariat function for a board of directors.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.