About the Role
• Build communities that thrive
• Sector leadership role in Community Housing
Reporting directly to the Board, the CEO is responsible for the leadership and management of the organisation. Developing and implementing business plans, maintaining relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and positioning the organisation to both create and take advantage of emerging opportunities are key responsibilities of the role.
To be considered for the opportunity candidates will need to be dynamic, energetic and resilient leaders who are innovative, visionary problem solvers. Other attributes include:
• A reputation as an empathetic, empowering leader with a high level of comfort working to an engaged Board, in a values driven, customer focused organisation with a solid commercial base.
• Broad executive general management experience, preferably at CEO level, preferably in community housing, aged care, community health or other organisation delivering services to a community with complex needs.
• High level commercial and financial capability and strong business acumen with experience in asset management, property development and negotiating commercial contracts of significant value.
• Exceptional communication and representational skills and the ability to work effectively with a very diverse range of stakeholders including at the most senior levels of government.
• Compassion and empathy and a commitment to social justice with an understanding of government policy in regards to community housing.
About the Organisation
Unison owns and manages 2500 units, owns $300m in property assets, and employs 100 staff with an annual turnover of $27m. Services provided by Unison include: long-term affordable Housing; long term social housing; public housing management; private tenancy management; Owners Corporation management; homelessness services; transitional housing and a social enterprise. It also partners with RMIT to run the Unison Housing Research Lab.
Apply for this Job
Applications close COB Monday 27th November
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.