About the Role
The Clinical Research Coordinator will work with the Registries and Clinical Trials Subcommittee (RCT) to develop appropriate governance policies and procedures that will enable TSANZ to develop and support a Respiratory Medicine Clinical Trials Network and Quality Registries.
This is a fixed term position for one year with possibility of extension dependent on completion of governance framework and ongoing funding.
• Work with the RCT Subcommittee to establish the respiratory medicine clinical trials network and quality registries governance and procedures.
• Execute the policies and directives as specified by the CEO and RPM.
• Participate in the management and administration of key networks and registries.
• Tertiary science or health degree in a relevant area.
• Experience in clinical trials work with a sound understanding of governance issues.
• Understanding of activities involved in clinical study implementation from study start-up to database lock.
• Experience in designing and implementing processes and preparing appropriate supporting documentation.
• Excellent administrative skills and attention to detail
• Ability to communicate accurately and clearly both orally and in writing
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office applications, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Familiarity with the Australian and NZ ethical and privacy guidelines concerning Clinical care, Clinical Registries and Research.
• A commitment to advancing respiratory health in Australia and New Zealand.
• Experience in patient care coordination and a sound understanding of medical records.
• GCP training
• Knowledge of the regulatory legislation surrounding clinical trials, National Health Medical and Research Council (NHMRC), Good Clinical Practice Guidelines (GCP), the International Committee of Harmonisation (ICH), Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF), Therapeutic Goods Association (TGA), Pharmac (NZ), and other associated protocols. Please note that although we appreciate all interest in this role, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Organisation
Overview of TSANZ
The Thoracic Society of Australia and New Zealand Ltd (TSANZ) is a company limited by guarantee and a health promotion charity (HPC) established to improve the knowledge and understanding of lung disease, to prevent respiratory illness through research and health promotion, and improving health care for people with respiratory disorders.
As the leaders in lung health we promote the:
• highest quality and standards of patient care
• development and application of knowledge about respiratory health and disease
• highest quality air standards including a tobacco smoke free society and effective regulation of novel nicotine delivery systems
• collaboration between all national organisations whose objects are to improve the wellbeing of individuals with lung disease and to promote better lung health for the community
• professional and collegiate needs of the Membership
"We lead, support and enable all health workers and researchers to prevent, cure and relieve disability from lung disease."
The TSANZ central office is located in the Sydney CBD and is staffed by a small team. The staff work as a team to maintain the operations of the organisation and support the Board achieve its strategic initiatives.
For more information visit www.thoracic.org.au
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0292226205
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Send your resume to Tanya.Buchanan@thoracic.org.au by Sunday, 17th December 2017.
Please quote in application: Clinical Research Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.