About the Role
We are looking for an experienced and driven Communications Manager with a talent for writing compelling copy and developing positive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Assisting with the development of marketing and communications strategies and plans for internal and external communications.
- Preparing written materials for marketing and communication campaigns, including a range of publications for specific audiences across the web, social media and corporate publications.
- Maintaining and developing links with media outlets to facilitate good communication and ensure fair and accurate coverage of our activities.
- Leadership of a part-time Communication Advisor.
- Crisis communications.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of communications strategies for key issues that can affect the organisations image.
- The organisation is embarking on a brand project and this role will be a key member of the brand team. Responsibilities will include the role out of an internal communication plan and contributions to the brand strategy including establishing our ‘tone of voice’ across various channels.
- Prepare speeches, letters and reports for the CEO, GMs, Board Members and any other authorised spokespersons, as required.
You will have:
- Bachelor degree or higher in communications/journalism or comparable experience.
- At least ten years’ experience in a communications role in a large, complex organisation.
- High-level verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent research skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Exceptional writing skills with the ability to write clearly, concisely and accurately in line with the brand’s voice and for different channels.
- The ability to use creative and lateral thinking to solve problems.
- Strong customer focus and high-level verbal communication and interpersonal skills in order to develop positive relationships within and outside the organisation.
- Demonstrated awareness of the organisation’s Vision, Mission and Values.
- Leadership skills.
- Team spirit and the ability to work across multiple teams.
- Proficient use of MS Office.
- Understanding of Crisis Communications.
Villa Maria Catholic Homes is committed to being an employer of choice and provides employees with:
- A Supportive Working Environment and Workplace Culture
- Ongoing Professional Development and Career Pathways
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Purposeful and Meaningful work
- Salary Packaging Benefits
If you meet the above criteria and are passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives, we would love to hear from you.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Kym Molineux-Whitfield on (03) 9926 2000
About the Organisation
Villa Maria Catholic Homes is committed to working in partnership with people of all ages and abilities to help them achieve their individual goals and dreams, remain connected to their communities and enjoy their independence.
As an agency of the Catholic Archdiocese of Melbourne, our values including respect, compassion and inclusion guide us to deliver the highest quality services to individuals of all faiths and backgrounds.
We are a Catholic, not-for-profit organisation providing residential aged care, affordable housing options, retirement living, senior support, disability, carer and education services to more than 6,500 people across Victoria and southern New South Wales.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Communications Manager via Pro Bono Australia.