About the Role
UN Women National Committee Australia is looking for a motivated Corporate Partnerships Manager to join our small staff team in Canberra; alternatively, the role may be based out of our satellite Sydney office in Surry Hills.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Corporate Partnerships Manager is responsible for the strategic development and management of innovative and mutually beneficial national partnerships within the corporate sector, particularly in support of the annual International Women’s Day event series and other campaigns throughout the year. Corporate partners make substantial financial contributions to UN Women National Committee Australia, and receive benefits commensurate with their contributions.
The Corporate Partnerships Manager shall solicit guidance and general direction from the Executive Director and Board as appropriate, in relation to existing and potential corporate partnerships. As a self-starter, the Corporate Partnerships Manager has considerable autonomy and it is expected they will contribute towards improving the effectiveness of systems being managed including the development of new systems where required.
UN Women National Committee Australia offers a dynamic and supportive work environment, offering flexibility, and the opportunity to work with a positive and committed team.
This position may be full-time or part-time (28 hours per week).
Key Responsibilities and Duties
1. Identify, secure and nurture corporate partnerships to meet annually agreed revenue targets, including development of proposals and oversight of agreements.
2. Maintain and grow an active pipeline of prospective partners.
3. Account management of all corporate partnerships including the development of an annual work plan with each partner in the portfolio, detailing benefits and deadlines, and liaising with the broader staff team to ensure all benefits are delivered on time and to the satisfaction of all partners.
4. Coordinate workplace giving outreach and increase the number of workplaces that include UN Women National Committee Australia in their portfolio of gift recipients.
5. Grow corporate participation and retention in UN Women National Committee Australia’s annual fundraising events, appeals and campaigns.
6. Document corporate partner activities according to the work plan and write individual partner reports on an annual basis or on a timetable agreed by the partner.
7. Be responsible for completing all due diligence related to corporate partners and sponsors, including liaising with UN Women’s due diligence team.
8. Serve as primary point of contact for all prospective partner enquiries, and manage all existing and new corporate partner relationships.
1. Successfully grow and manage a portfolio of UN Women National Committee Australia’s corporate partners.
2. Grow corporate participation in UN Women National Committee Australia’s major fundraising events, appeals and campaigns.
3. Meet budgeted income and expense targets so that organisational outcomes can be achieved.
Selection Criteria (to address in your cover letter)
1. A minimum of 3 years related experience with proven expertise in researching prospective corporate partners, managing the pipeline, delivering the pitch and securing corporate partners who make a substantial financial contribution to the organisation’s work.
2. Demonstrated success in corporate partner relationship management, maximising fundraising and visibility for mutual benefit.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills, including persuasive abilities, effective listening, diplomacy and tact, with demonstrated success in managing negotiations with corporate partners.
4. Ability to work independently but also work well within a collaborative, small team environment.
5. Full support of the fundraising mandate of UN Women National Committee Australia.
Knowledge of gender and development issues a plus.
About the Organisation
UN Women is the UN organisation dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women. A global champion for women and girls, UN Women was established to accelerate progress on meeting their needs worldwide.
About UN Women National Committee Australia
UN Women National Committee Australia is the fundraising arm of UN Women, and engages members of the public, private sector and government to support UN Women’s work.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Corporate Partnerships Manager via Pro Bono Australia.