About the Role
The Early Childhood worker works across the organisation with a core focus to organise, plan and supervise therapeutic activities for parents and their children in a safe group setting.
Salary is in accordance with SCHADS Award Level 4 and the applicant’s skills, knowledge and experience. There is generous salary packaging, a personal training budget and EAP support available for this role.
The TNC office is located a 3-minute walk from the West Ryde train station.
Position requirements include:
- Minimum Certificate III in Child Care or equivalent from an approved TAFE, University or other training institution.
- Current first aid certificate.
- Previous work experience in the childcare industry.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement a quality, educational and child centre program, meeting the needs of the individual children and the group.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain written records, such as observations, evaluations and programs, using database management systems and Microsoft office.
- An ability to work as an effective team member (and provide leadership and support to staff).
- An ability to set and achieve work and program goals, yet, maintain flexibility.
- A well-developed understanding of theories of early childhood development.
- A well-developed understanding of the provision of a safe, well planned indoor and outdoor learning environment.
- Must possess an enthusiastic attitude towards the care and education of young children.
- Must serve to promote social justice and equity by demonstrating an attitude of acceptance and respect for all children and their families.
- Must possess a positive attitude to the inclusion of children with special needs and those of diverse cultures.
- Must possess empathy for the individual needs and desires of children and their families.
- Must possess a commitment to working within and promoting the philosophy, policies and procedures of TNC.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing professional development.
- Bilingual preferably in Chinese or Korean.
- Previous experience within a family support centre.
- Previous experience running a supported playgroup.
About the Organisation
The Northern Centre (TNC / formally Ryde Family Services) is a dynamic and growing organisation that provides early intervention and prevention services to our community; specifically in the areas of family and parenting support, homelessness and domestic violence. TNC provides support in the form of casework, counselling, advice, referrals, advocacy and group work.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0293340111
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Early Childhood Worker (commence 2018) via Pro Bono Australia.