About the Role
• Part-time (3 days per week/22.5 hours)
• Opportunity to enhance elder abuse prevention work in the eastern region
• Attractive employee benefits including salary packaging, leave loading and additional paid leave over Christmas/New Year
The Elder Abuse Prevention Co-ordinator will work independently and in collaboration with external advocates to deliver effective responses in cases of elder abuse and to raise awareness within the community more broadly. The Elder Abuse Prevention Co-ordinator will have a broad understanding of elder abuse within the context of family violence, a strong partnership and advocacy background, and commitment to improving the lives of vulnerable older people.
You will hold tertiary qualifications in the social, health or behavioural sciences and be a compassionate person who respects people, their circumstances and decisions. Additionally, you will have:
• Experience working within a primary prevention framework
• Capacity to undertake advocacy and community education
• Experience consulting and collaborating with key stakeholders
• Understanding of the multiple dimensions of elder abuse
• Effective communication and service planning and delivery skills.
This position is part-time based at ECLC’s Boronia location (providing specialist services across Melbourne’s East).
Attractive remuneration will be negotiated with the successful applicant based on qualifications, skills and experience.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : (03) 9762 6235
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Elder Abuse Prevention Co-ordinator via Pro Bono Australia.